Purple stems and yellow leaves

ruca

Hello all,

I recently started growing on my own. I have done research but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. So my little guys were about 2 1/2 months old when I started flowering and they've been flowering for 6 weeks. (they are gigantic) Lately the fan leaves started turning yellow, the stems purple, and the tips of the leaves curl up like a ram's horn. I thought it was sulfur/magnesium so I added Epsom salt. No luck. Now I've noticed that they are not taking up water like the once were.

I have 3 different strains. 1 doesn't have yellow leaves but the leaves still look droopy and light green leaves have fallen off. One of the other ones doesn't have hardly any trichomes compared to the others and the yellow leaves still have dark green veins and curled tips. My other two are beautiful, but the fan leaves are turning yellow with curled tips and dropping at a frightening rate. I flushed them 3 days ago with plain water, and the soil is still wet! (they are in 5 gallon pots and this is unusual) Plus it seems like there is more lose dirt that normal, as in maybe the roots are dying?

I just hope these guys can make it a couple more weeks, I'm so close!

Any suggestions?

:Namaste:

Sure I would love to, but I'm embarrassed to ask this. How do I go about doing that?

At 6 weeks you could be showing late flower N deficiency which is normal and requires no treatment.

Rams horn can be a couple things. First is salt buildup in your media, I would assume your in soil? Sounds like you need a flush, a flushing additive like clearex(?) or Sledgehammer (Fox farms) helps but is not critical. Flush with 3x the container volume of water, slowly and allowing the water to soak through and not just run down the sides.

Second cause is low humidity, this is common in the winter and can be solved with an ultrasonic humidifier.

As stated in the post above yours it is either a low P deficiency or low temperatures can cause this purple color to appear and finally a really low humidity level can cause things to purple up.

A great additive to use is Mag-Pro by Dyna-gro, its NPK is 2-15-4

It is SUPER clean and SUPER concentrated so you use very little with dosages.

Cheers!

Hello all,

I recently started growing on my own. I have done research but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. So my little guys were about 2 1/2 months old when I started flowering and they've been flowering for 6 weeks. (they are gigantic) Lately the fan leaves started turning yellow, the stems purple, and the tips of the leaves curl up like a ram's horn. I thought it was sulfur/magnesium so I added Epsom salt. No luck. Now I've noticed that they are not taking up water like the once were.

I have 3 different strains. 1 doesn't have yellow leaves but the leaves still look droopy and light green leaves have fallen off. One of the other ones doesn't have hardly any trichomes compared to the others and the yellow leaves still have dark green veins and curled tips. My other two are beautiful, but the fan leaves are turning yellow with curled tips and dropping at a frightening rate. I flushed them 3 days ago with plain water, and the soil is still wet! (they are in 5 gallon pots and this is unusual) Plus it seems like there is more lose dirt that normal, as in maybe the roots are dying?

I just hope these guys can make it a couple more weeks, I'm so close!

Any suggestions?

:Namaste:
No worries it's natural for a plant to go through its own cleaning process a couple of weeks prior to harvest. The plant doesn't know its gonna get pulled in a couple of weeks. Right now in the cycle of flowering the plant is getting ready and ripe for pollution. It's goes through a cleansing that last about a week. It looks like it's dying or suddenly has a couple different defensicntcy. Its also time to start flushing its system. Also when you get on the threshold of harvest it's gonna hold extra water in the buds.there gonna get real fat when that happens stop watering. You want it to have to burn some of that water. Again its natural for the plant. It's popping at the seams at that point. Its drooling waiting for pollen. It want to make seeds its doing everything it possibly can to reproduce.. thats what brings everything together
Its peaking it gonna get super sticky and smelly and all the white fuzzy everything it can to catch some pollen. THC is flowing at that point that where the plant becomes killer. It all starts with the cleaning the plant does. Really its natural. Your close.. where your at right now is my favorite part of the grow.. the honey is coming. Its so cool to watch this part, the plant gets so fertal.. the defining moment. Ill be there in about 6 or 7 weeks. Keep rolling the dub. That's where I fill a bowl with just red hairs. aloha and be safe and play nice when can.

Back
Top Bottom