Purple stems droopy leaves

DanDawg

Hey guys this here’s my first grow attempt running 2 dual spectrum 130w cfls and 1 veg spectrum 200w cfl. 4 inch inline pulling out thru filter. 5inch booster bringing in. I have also placed a humidifier in the tent as my lights on RH is about 30-35. Rh hits 60+ when humidifier on and intake off and oscillating fan off with both on it ranges from 40-50. Strain Is Taste Budz Purple Punch auto. I have one on day 26 which I believe has been stunted by minimal light in early life as I first started it on the window sil. The two seedlings are 8 days old ones doing okay whilst the other is drooping bad and stem fully purple I’ve attached pics any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 488E6290-E24E-49AA-BBA8-9EE4760CCC28.jpeg
    488E6290-E24E-49AA-BBA8-9EE4760CCC28.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 126
  • E920A469-65F3-4403-BA3C-C2443CFBB116.jpeg
    E920A469-65F3-4403-BA3C-C2443CFBB116.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 61F5161A-E1E8-4E8F-8F99-558BA3CB901E.jpeg
    61F5161A-E1E8-4E8F-8F99-558BA3CB901E.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 122
Hey Dan,
I've got a couple of questions for you.
The little pots you're using, do they have drainage holes in?
What type of soil ?
Do you know the ph of the water you're giving them?

They look a little over watered to me, if the pot has drainage holes then let it dry right out between watering.
Lastly, just one of those bulbs is good enough for young seedlings.

Sometimes they can start out looking a bit weird, should work itself out. The purple can sometimes just be genetics, I have a Grandaddy Purple plant that showed purple from the start and its doin just fine. I have read that Autos should not be repotted , so maybe get them in their final pots.
good luck with your grow. cheers

Just looked back here thanks for the reply’s guys. @Listers I did put about five holes in the bottom of each of those cups but the roots had hit the edge so I potted em up to some 5l fabrics as I knew the roots don’t like too much disturbing. The older plant is in canna terra seed mix soil. The two bubbas are in coco/Perl 80/20 mix. I’ve kinda adopted a new method as I believe I did over water them at first. Thus I’ve waited to see the leaves just start to drop then feed me up. Big ones got a few clawed tips perhaps I’ve burnt em. Using biobizz nutes. I’ve attached a pic of them today

Attachments

• 29CD7398-CE8E-4A3B-9D21-1B4727C884CA.jpeg
    29CD7398-CE8E-4A3B-9D21-1B4727C884CA.jpeg
    822 KB · Views: 112
Also recently got one of those cheap “600w” led off amazon chucked that in there aswell. Also this grow started with just one 130 dual light kinda gone from there just running the two 130w duals and led at the sec left the 200w veg out for temps

Cool.
Now, canna terra is soil ,so just needs water when dry. Then add your bio bizz at 1/4 strength at first, then add more as the plant gets bigger.Water for soil should be at 6.3 ph.

Coco is different altogether, it contains nothing and should be treated like hydro. The plant has to be fed and watered every day.
When you water a coco plant it must have nutrient/food in it, only a little for a young plant,but it's essential it gets done once a day.
Water for coco should be at 5.8 ph, different to soil.

I read cocos ph should be between 5.5 and 6.5 and soil between 6 and 7. I fed the cocos last night bout half a litre between them as they’ve still not shown much growth but a little perk up, I just didn’t wanna over water em again. I’ve read you don’t wanna stick with one ph u wanna fluctuate in a certain zone. Ie 5.5-6.5 for coco and 6-7 for soil. But I’ll try stick to those ph Lister. Anyone know if it’s a good idea sticking LED with CFLs aswell?

Lol just realised what your name is Smeghead love it
Yeah, smeghead,lol.
6.5 ph for coco is way to high a range, that's soil territory. It can go as low as 5.6 but the best range of ph is between 5.8 - 6.1. I do hydro in the winter and if you keep within that right range, you'll see great growth. There's a coco growers section over in the growers forums, go and have a nose there's some good info.
Soil I do my ph at 6.3, as the soil dries the ph naturaly raises to reach seven, so does the work of feeding the plant for you, so try for 6.3 on the button.

I have a e.c / ppm meter to measure food, i usually have the strength of food set at 350 ppm for young plants.
That usually works out about 1.5ml a litre, but I use plant magic which may be different. Just a warning, my water comes out the tap with stuff already in it and reads 200ppm sometimes, before I've put anything in it.
Do you know how clean your water is?

Boo Bizz should have a feeding chart online, have a Google see if you can find it.

Yeah ive got all the biobizz feeding schedules shame they’ve not got one tailored to autos. But I do not know my ppm. I imagine that’s what EC meters do. My pH from the tap is seven on the dot tho

Yeah ive got all the biobizz feeding schedules shame they’ve not got one tailored to autos. But I do not know my ppm. I imagine that’s what EC meters do. My pH from the tap is seven on the dot tho
Dan, I treat an auto exactly like a normal plant when it comes to feeding, it's the medium that makes any difference (soil/ coco).
A ppm meter isn't essential if you've got a feeding chart from the nutrient maker. Doing it by ml per litre is well ok, it's just good to know what the starting point of the water you're using.
It generally goes : young plant,1/4 of full strength.
2 month old plant, 1/2 strength
Mature plant, pretty much full strength of recomended.
The chart from supplier should mirror that.
When the auto shows flowers change to the flower nutrient.

Once autos start flowering is that basically it for the growth cuz the big ones started flowering now. If the answers yes then I’ll have to name this plant Henry cuz that’s all I’ll get lol.

Once autos start flowering is that basically it for the growth cuz the big ones started flowering now. If the answers yes then I’ll have to name this plant Henry cuz that’s all I’ll get lol.
Most autos carry on stretching once they start flowering, for about a week or two.

Yup your right there the space between her nodes has stretched over the weekend bout a cm or so each. The little purple one I think Is just genetics as it seems like it’s thriving now think its cuz it was furthest from the light. I’ve been away since Friday and I can really tell the difference they’ve made.

Back
Top Bottom