Purple Stems - Help!

Thread starter #1
I have noticed on my bigger girls that the stems are geting dark purple color and not knowing what is causing it. I have looked at deficiancies but i dont want to jump to conclusions. Also i have started to used LST on the plant so i was wondering if it would cause plants to get purple stems. Let me know what you think PLEASE!

Fuzzy Duck

Its reasonable common to have purpling occur on the stems etc... & nearly has happened on every grow of my own strain, pretty much clears up over time mainly with increased nutrient/feeding regime !

As the purpling of the stem is often assoicated to P - Phosphorus defeciency.

Sometimes the purple effect may well be strain genetics from parentage of plants used to breed that particular strain !

Other times the purple effect maybe induced with colder temperatures also, sometimes growers may experience a range of colours/hues...

Thread starter #4
Thats what i was hopeing, just wanted to make sure i wasnt under estimating somthing more serious. My flower formula has a lot more Phosphorus so when they are put in to flower i probly will see it clear up.

Thanks for the reasurment!

Jimmycricket

Nug of the Month: Feb 2014
It can also be from the soil being too hot, as in slightly too much nutes.

I would not sweat it though.

I only had 1 plant ever that did not have purple stems at some point and it was a hydro plant in dwc.

Buckshot

Member of the Month: Nov 2013 - Nug of the Month: Mar 2013, Dec 2014 - Plant of the Month: Mar 2018
I use LED in bud. The LED light will cause purple on any part of the stem that is exposed to it.