Purple Stems - Help!

jlt1202

I have noticed on my bigger girls that the stems are geting dark purple color and not knowing what is causing it. I have looked at deficiancies but i dont want to jump to conclusions. Also i have started to used LST on the plant so i was wondering if it would cause plants to get purple stems. Let me know what you think PLEASE!

purp34.JPG

purp110.JPG

purp26.JPG

Its reasonable common to have purpling occur on the stems etc... & nearly has happened on every grow of my own strain, pretty much clears up over time mainly with increased nutrient/feeding regime !

As the purpling of the stem is often assoicated to P - Phosphorus defeciency.

Sometimes the purple effect may well be strain genetics from parentage of plants used to breed that particular strain !

Other times the purple effect maybe induced with colder temperatures also, sometimes growers may experience a range of colours/hues...

Thats what i was hopeing, just wanted to make sure i wasnt under estimating somthing more serious. My flower formula has a lot more Phosphorus so when they are put in to flower i probly will see it clear up.

Thanks for the reasurment!

It can also be from the soil being too hot, as in slightly too much nutes.

I would not sweat it though.

I only had 1 plant ever that did not have purple stems at some point and it was a hydro plant in dwc.

I use LED in bud. The LED light will cause purple on any part of the stem that is exposed to it.

Back
Top Bottom