Purple Urkle

Here they are day 45 and day 46 morning...They are looking awesome, now I'm off to the birth of my first nephew!

lights_out_colas.jpg

The first purple leaf...ooh pretty
first_purple.jpg

colas.jpg

cola17.jpg

I call this one the beast, she is the size of a coke can, biggest purple cola I have ever seen!
beast1.jpg

This is a topped plant
a_topped_plant.jpg

Enjoy guys, Thanks for looking.

I should have named this thread "Botanicare vs House&Garden". I'm excited to get the final yields and taste from each. I think the H&G nutes are kicking botanicare's ass in yield, but the botanicare smell spectacular! Quality almost always wins over quantity, but If the yield is significantly more and the quality is about the same then I'll go with the heavier yield. What I think makes the botanicare so nice smelling is the sweet, and that can be used with any nutrient line. Whichever nutrient I like most will be competing next with the new Soul Synthetics line from Aurora.

I am going to chop next wednesday, trichomes are mostly cloudy and becoming amber.

I'm thinking of growing differently next time, growing a lot of small plants. My mothers grow so quickly that I could cut new clones every 2 weeks. I'm thinking of putting 24 new plants in the flower room every 2 1/2 weeks, so I could have a harvest every 2 1/2 weeks :) I have seen this done this way and a friend gets 1/4 oz per plant, so theoretically I could harvest 6 oz every 2 1/2 weeks....this would bode well for me since I tend to run out often, I'm tired of the whole feeling of either abundance or famin with weed, lol.

Its probably too late now, but with your next grow i would consider using less nutrient supplements and chemicals and stick to a all organic garden with a fertalizing program such as fox farm and do it weekly 3-4 times a week. But besides that fact i think your girls will be fine just be carful with nutrient burn.:thumb:

Very nice setup you have.

I have read tons of places that in soil grows, particularly organic nutes as well, you 'accentuate' the true aromas and tastes of the plant.

Quality definitely beats quantity when you are growing your own stash, but I completely agree with what you said that if its not a HUGE differential, you might as well go bigger.
You are the chef making/tasting your own soup though, so only you will know!

I look forward to the harvest pics!!!

Its probably too late now, but with your next grow i would consider using less nutrient supplements and chemicals and stick to a all organic garden with a fertalizing program such as fox farm and do it weekly 3-4 times a week. But besides that fact i think your girls will be fine just be carful with nutrient burn.:thumb:

Hey Doja, thanks for stopping in and your input. I have used only the organic parts of Botanicare before, but harvest is less than stellar. Right now I'm using a pretty limited amount of nutes, next time I run H&G I am going to add Bud XL, multi-zen, and roots xcelerator. I didnt get any nute burn, the problem with the plants was light burn due to spraying while lights on, dumb mistake, but oh well. I won't go near fox farm, overpriced due to over-marketing, and not up to par results. As far as organic nutes, I do want to try the new line called "organicare", but I haven't seen anything else that peaks my interest.

Very nice setup you have.

I have read tons of places that in soil grows, particularly organic nutes as well, you 'accentuate' the true aromas and tastes of the plant.

Quality definitely beats quantity when you are growing your own stash, but I completely agree with what you said that if its not a HUGE differential, you might as well go bigger.
You are the chef making/tasting your own soup though, so only you will know!

I look forward to the harvest pics!!!

Thanks for stopping in darkpiece! I like the soup analogy, that's really how I think of it.

Day 49, The plants got their second flush, first time was 4 days ago with just straight water...aproximately 1/2 gallon each. Today they got water with Clearex @ 20 ml per gallon. Each plant again got about 1/2 gallon. I will give Clearex and water to them one more time in about 4 days and that will be it! Here are some pics from today

A Botanicare non-topped plant in these pictures
11000.jpg

3575.jpg

4437.jpg

5343.jpg

A topped plant on the right and a untopped plant on the left, both botanicare
6297.jpg

topped on left, untopped on right
7251.jpg

That comment about Fox Farm got me thinking about them and all the reasons I won't use them. I live pretty close to their plant, they advertise often for workers, but they also piss test their workers...WTF! The same company that wants to cater to growers needs doesn't want smokers working in the factory, doesn't matter if you have a medical marijuana card or not, they will not hire you! Jeez I hate fox farm...

That comment about Fox Farm got me thinking about them and all the reasons I won't use them. I live pretty close to their plant, they advertise often for workers, but they also piss test their workers...WTF! The same company that wants to cater to growers needs doesn't want smokers working in the factory, doesn't matter if you have a medical marijuana card or not, they will not hire you! Jeez I hate fox farm...

That is hilarious that they piss test.

SG

Thanks for stopping in and compliment myzz, I'm really interested in final weight as well, and the difference between H&G and Botanicare.

Hey SG! These are the first ones I've had that turned colors. I've only grown purple one other time and it stayed green, might have harvested a little early because of being out of smoke...lol, its a re-occurring theme.

Hey LED-FREAK, Thanks for the compliment and rep! I really don't know what to expect, I am so horrible at guesstimating while it's on the plant. I'm currently going back and forth, sometimes I think I will only get 10 oz, then I'll look at it differently and think I'm getting 20 oz! lol, it's especially hard to guess because this is my first time growing this strain.

Back
Top Bottom