Purple with out Purple?!

Bought oz for 80$ Was told it was ''Purple''... Now theres no doubting this is a good strain of kill.. LOL.. But theres no purple hairs to be seen..?! Whats up with this...

Then the person who told you it was ''Purple'' Was lying. Also $80 for an oz = most likely mids. Whenever I buy "Purp", the most I payed was $60. Now I can get it for $55....but that is for an eighth of of top grade stuff. I've seen purple mids once(Rarely buy them) but it's nothing too amazing like when you see it in good bud.

The intense green pigment of chlorophyll usually blocks out other colors such as the coveted purple. As the weather gets colder late in the season, the chlorophyll begins to break down allowing anothcyanin (purple) and carotenoid (yellow/reds) to show through.

It is very common for street dealers to call their stuff "purple haze" for obvious reasons. If they can get you intrested then you will probably buy it. Also, bud that is past it's prime is often darker in color and passed off as something special.

my homegrown had alot of purple and it lost almost all of it when I trimmed it, but if he bought it like that then that sucks, but your the one that payed for it!

I have heard of it happening. People trying to sell old very dark colored buds as some sort of purple strain merely because the color is unusual. A expierienced smoker would of course know but some people do not realize what they are buying or even worse yet put their trust street dealers.

What people need to realize is on the whole names mean nothing, it's all about the taste and high. Dealers will call it anything exciting to make a sale.

hes absolutely right, any street dealer that came across some reall good weed that had a single different color in it then the usual green and orange then they would intend to pass it off as some exotic strain such as purple.

Well it weighted over... and i only put in 40$ and split it with another.. The taste was piney but better than most of the piney shit ive had.. The high was a hell of alot better than the last... Not to mad :p.. It was quite lite so i doubt its ''Past its prime'' But as it ages does the odor of it change? Less potent? More potent? Just wondering...

And remember just because the herb is purple does not mean it's really potent or anything special. Some plants go purple when stressed or when the nutrients get out of whack.

Back
Top Bottom