Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

It's also in these genetics that I have. Described as landrace poly-hybrids. Well that is how the moms were described and then they were pollinated by a pure landrace male and now I have these beautiful girls.

I've smoked a few autos but never grown them. I've never bought a single seed in my short years of indoor growing. I don't have funds for auto-fems. I squeezed every penny I could squeeze just to afford the extra on my electric bill.
They look fire either way. Fair enough. I was told about the 12/12 method before. I cant remember who it was though. Maybe @Bonsaiweed . Good to see that it works though. Pretty well it seems

They look fire either way. Fair enough. I was told about the 12/12 method before. I cant remember who it was though. Maybe @Bonsaiweed . Good to see that it works though. Pretty well it seems
I attribute a lot of the plants size to the Hempy style. Which is my new favorite way to grow.

I promise pics tomorrow. Busy busy busy...
The "sock" plant was placed in a container full of my coco mix and fed proper pH for the first time ever. I also tied her up, so unfortunately that plant is now static and on a different feeding schedule than everyone else because of the container size/medium. Wife says that she should pull through. Lol.

Lies, I am full of lies. Wife took her phone with her today so no pics. I will make her give me some time tomorrow morning. I don't think we have anything going on except running out of smoke and making peanut canna-butter cookies.

Rundown today is: it is hot. I adjusted my ventilation a bit and have been alternating which lights are on at a given time to control that heat. That is about the only benefit I can see from having 4 separate light fixtures.

Plants are just doing their thing. Doing the last feeding of the day as I write this... Going through 1½ -2 gallons per day for all of my plants.

Pulled 5 dying fan leaves off of my "sock" plant. Those were pretty much the only big fans on there. Curious to see if she pops nanners or makes a comeback. The stress this plant has endured..

Gonna grab a spot here and kind of lurk in the background if you don't mind. Those Red Points are definitely interesting to me!
Lurking is fine with me. It's pretty introspective in here. Random thoughts, sometimes a bit repetitive. And these Red Points.... Idk what kind of yield I will get but they are going to be tasty.

So tell me about your Red Points. I know nothing of that strain. They grow very nicely!
The red point or punto rojo is a pure landrace sativa with what I understand are psychedelic effects. Flowers for around 16-22 weeks. This strain is very hard to source in it's original form. My girls all share the same red point dad, except for my kritical kush, which I believe is a product of rodelization.
My genetics are all from swami, save the kritical.

The field that was pollinated contained many different swami strains. These are the potential moms of my unknown seeds...... Blue orca haze, durbin bubble, purple zebra, Nigerian sunshine, mazar Guerrero, and chocolate Thai... There may be more..
The plants all grow in standard sativa growth patterns. Odors that were lemon are maturing to more of an exotic over ripe mango, except for the sock which maintains its pine profile. That mango scent is pretty standard on the plants now.
Some of these will flower for 3-4 months, some less. This is my first time running these genetics, and its all kind of up in the air.
Be uploading recent pics shortly.

I have heard good things about Punto Rojo. Guess I just didn't put the two together LOL....Punto Rojo....Red Point.

I have been looking for Punto Rojo for a while,definitely tough to come by. They are gorgeous!

I have heard good things about Punto Rojo. Guess I just didn't put the two together LOL....Punto Rojo....Red Point.

I have been looking for Punto Rojo for a while,definitely tough to come by. They are gorgeous!
I wish I had somewhere to grow outdoors, and be able to see their real potential.

No new pics today but this girl's calyxes are are starting to swell, hairs are half orange and turning fast. Inspection of trichs yesterday revealed about 50/50 clear to milky. Lower buds are the same as the main cola.

I'm in no rush. But this girl may be ready at 12 weeks. None of the others will be though. Since I haven't run these strains before so I can only guess that a few are going to run as long as 16 weeks.

Somebody on the forum here advised me that, with my genetics being 50%+ landrace, after 90 days of flowering it would be wise to chop them in order to avoid their natural hermie genes showing... I suppose I will cross that bridge when I come to it..

The former sock plant is drinking water, no further signs of deficiency/toxicity/lockout. Bud growth on her is not that great, but buds are very solid. Maybe 10-15% orange hair on upper buds.

The other durbin is at least a week behind in bud maturity.

All three zebras are frosty and maturing about the same rates. Not sure how long they have. 5-10% orange hair, haven't inspected Trichs with my loupe yet but my naked eye says 80/20 clear to milky.

The unknown x red point youngsters that I performed some training on are growing fast. Lots of little flowers. One is healthier than the other because of a couple accidental full strength feedings early on, the other was not affected.

Now kritical kush has been in here awhile now... I topped and super cropped it growth is strong and all, but still not showing sex. I will lookup its birthday when I am done here. But it seems like 6 weeks isn't far off. Perhaps because it's indica? Maybe I trained it too hard? Maybe it's not a product of rhodelization or a hermie, and it is late showing male? All of these things run through my head.

Oh, last night I had less than a quart of nutes mixed up and I decided to just top up the gallon with water,pH to 6, and I sort of flushed everyone with it and resumed full strength this morning. I've been turning different lights off during the daylight period to help control temps, girls seem as though they appreciate it. Everyone, except the plant formerly known as sock, get their turns under my big cfl, they all really love that light.. I like to rotate the plants any way because I have so many different spectrums. Seems like what's best for my situation.

Enough rambling about, you would think I was mixing blackberry kush kief and blue dream Kief and smoking it like hash. :passitleft:
Peace. I will get a couple pics of calyxes swelling at evening feeding.

Peace

I will take some pics before the ladies go to bed. But a quick ramble.

My kritical kush still hasn't shown sex so I went ahead and nipped the 4 tops to hopefully create 8. I will be transplanting this one as soon as I feel the topping stress is gone.

Waiting on a lower Durban bud to dry for a test smoke, something fun I guess.

I have decided to try this reduced feed thing I did yesterday, where everyone gets full strength nutes at breakfast and about ¼ strength at bedtime. This consists of making 1 gallon of nutes full strength in the morning, and whatever is left in the jug gets diluted, ph'd, and fed that before lights out. Those leftovers get fed to my radishes I have planted in my deck in coco.

If the ladies don't like it, I will switch back immediately.

Nice looking plants, like baseball bats in there. I bet those radishes are loving the left overs.

Thank you

I wish that I could say they are super dense and amazing, but that's not the case. My lights make some frosty and flavorful nugs, but generally they don't come out dense like HPS plants. They still have plenty of time to swell, if they so choose.

I really hate that I can't edit the description on my pics after they are saved. One slip of the finger and it can make someone feel like an idiot.... done with my morning rant. Here's some pics albeit poorly labeled.

Had the wife help me take pics. I am missing a plant somewhere and have two pics of the same one

Smoked a test bud from my Durban cross that is rapidly maturing. I didn't think I would get high, but I did as did my wife. Burned clean, first smoke of the day to gauge potency I feel it in my eyes real nice. The flavor was eh, but I dried it fairly fast.
I've never flushed Hempy, only soil and coco. Thinking about doing a two week flush. Two weeks left in my 12 week original plan, lol. Idk, now I am more stoned.

Back
Top Bottom