Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point & Durban Bubble x CRP In Hempies LED & CFL 12-12 From Seed

Cut off the lower branches on the Durban cross, should have some stuff to smoke in a few days, that will be okay. Beginning flush on that plant as well...
I have made some troubling discoveries in my inspection of the crop this afternoon. My careful pollination earlier in the grow (may 24) was not only not so careful, but also apparently reckless. Not a ton of pollination, but enough for me to notice an immature seed in a calyx or 5 on plants that weren't selected. Now, this is not the end of the world. In fact it may not be bad at all. But it did happen and I know to be much more careful next time. In fact next time I will remove the males and store the pollen until I need or want to make another seed crop.

I freaked out for a minute and thought I had a possible herm situation. I combed through everyone, not a nanner or ball anywhere in my mess. Wife was about to make me chop them all now. I took a second and looked at my time line and I totally did this. Its okay, I will label them and set the seeds aside. They were pollinated by my only chocolate Thai x Columbian red point. So at least that is cool

Yeah we have learned the hard way to be far more careful with all pollination!
Yeppers! I was very careful I believed. However this was my first attempt at selective pollination, so it is what it is.

I grew up smoking seedy weed. If I wanted sensimilla it was like $400/oz and up to $70 1/8. And the weed that my seeds came from was no picnic as far as picking out seeds. But I do remember as a kid some seeded buds being rather potent (not necessarily the brick).

This isn't a total loss, just enough to teach me a lesson... No way am I chopping 9plants early, when if I let them finish, they will likely be plenty potent albeit with a reduced yield.
And of course, while this was accidental, I am sure to be happy with my crosses.

Feeding time soon. I put those lower buds in a cardboard box and placed it in my homemade drying box... It was my ghetto cold air intake box, but needs change constantly. Maybe I will take some pics and they can explain themselves.

I've always grown out of the need for meds so I don't really have a concrete curing method. Usually I dry them til they are smokeable, toss them in a jar, and smoke out of the jar. As I get further along in time the buds do tend to be cured right about the time I am emptying said jar... I had strawberry diesel once. Dried it smelled like berries. After two weeks of picking nugs out to smoke the diesel fuel odor really curled the nose hairs.

Aight den, rambling on once again. Made cookies last night, and feeling a little too good.

Peace

I did several crosses and made a lot of seeds. Nothing wrong with the bud though.....very potent. I am still smoking it.
Right on. I probably won't do any seeds next run, lol, especially if I get as many as I think I will...
I am very excited for this grow to get over so I can plant a couple bigger plants. Probably take my Buddy up on his offer of a couple mazar-guererra x red points, if he changes his mind I have blue orca haze x red point seeds in abundance.

Ugh, I may have to up pot my kritical kush today. My lonely little indica bush

Afternoon gardening

Oven drying my lower branch fluffy buds right now. End of the month and low on meds.

Flushing continues for a few more days before I take her down. Excited to start making some room in the ole tent. After this one plant comes down I still have weeks to go, but it is a start in the right direction.

The universe has bestowed upon me a new project that will probably melt right into the semi perpetual nature of my grow and perhaps sway me away from these crazy growing sativas for awhile. In acquiring this new project I will, more likely than not, be able to afford some new lighting or be able to make my current situation more stealthy and allow for better use of the light I already have...

Today was a good day, a lot happened all at once and it all made me smile.

Peace

Damn those colas are huge. Imagine if you grew one outside :rofl: Keep up the good work mate
Thank you. I've been told if I do so I should expect 16 footers. Maybe one day....

I will upload pics later. So as I have mentioned, I was smoking quick dried buds because we ran out of medicine. It tasted so bad, but it gave us a head change. So I dried some larger buds in the tent for 24 hours and then in the oven 150°-175° in an open cardboard box, flipped them a couple times, 45 minutes later I took them out and let them dry on my entertainment center for 3 hours. Next step we threw them in the vaporizer and DAMN!

I don't do a lot of sativas so I know that I have that potent sativa vibration running through my body and the feeling you get behind your eyes with increased color intensity, tingling scalp.... Lol.

NONE of my previous grows have been near this potent. Can't wait for the other girls to get ripe.
_-----_-------__--------------
Everything is going well in the tent. It really hasn't gotten that hot out consistently for the heat to really bother anything.
My kritical kush it taking well to topping/transplant (8 tops now) and showed me some little hairs before bed last night.
Everything else is just plugging along, waiting for the tent to start emptying out. I did supercrop one of my unknown x red points again. Evened her canopy right out (pics later, she looks nice). I notice that my trained plants do have a bit more personality. They are also all different phenos/strains/cultivar or whatever, lol

The one that smells of peppercorns is consistently droopy with wimpy petioles. Yet the buds are dense. Not stretching much. Also fan leaves are small, a lot of 3 leafers, 5 leafers. They came from a mixed bag x red point. I know where they originated. I did burn the hell out of her as a seedling and almost sent her to cannabutter land early on.

Man oh man.
Peace, time to make supper

Sounds like good stuff there!
I am satisfied with it. My wife is bouncing around the house, can't sit still, and hungry, lol.

I did chop the rest of that plant today, but it is getting the slower dry that I prefer.. So it was harvested over a period of 4 days if I include the tester bud. I know I could have waited longer to harvest, but things were getting crowded. 1 down, 8 to go. Most of them have at least 3-4 weeks before I can even think about chopping, this one matured the fastest. Although I could've let her go another week

Hmmm, even with our high tolerances my wife and I only had two vape sessions of 3 "bowls" each, maybe one gram total.... Makes me wonder why we ever stopped vaping. We smoked so much store weed last month I'm embarrassed, it was good, but this stuff is better. I prefer indica, but I am not disappointed in this medicine.

I am pondering mixing autos into my schedule. I am getting 10 dark devil auto and 10 devil's crack auto seeds soon. These sativas and their slow maturing is kind of killing me. Not stunted, just being themselves.

If I do things this way I still need to at least get one more plant harvested. I think the auto will live in the tent during lights on and be moved to a separate area with lower intensity light for the remainder of the 24 hour period. So the autos get 11 hours of great light and 13 hours of lower light, so lights on 24/7.

I've heard of this Daily Light Integral thing and I think it makes sense and conforming even rather loosely to the guidelines may be beneficial in my situation in regards to autos. I don't really excel at explaining scientific stuff. my brain processes and interprets these theories wonderfully, but I have like a road block in my communication center or something... Idk, stoned to the bone... And ready to grow some more.

You should try cobbing some of your upcoming harvest
I have read a bit about it over on Sue's thread. If this stuff was even more potent.... Psychedelic for sure. Cobbing seems to be a real commitment

Did some more digging on the cobbing... I don't have a vacuum saver. But I swear someone was using press n seal, and some are not even using corn husk anymore. I bet one of my purple zebra crosses wouldn't mind donating a cola to the cause....

Seeds arrived beautifully packaged today. 10 dark devil auto and 10 Devil's crack auto (DDA x mephisto sour crack)... My collection of seeds is expanding, (now all I need is a couple different cbd phenos) I wish I could plant one tomorrow. I'm sure the wife would be against it because I will need a new light and a small fan.

Lots of orange hair in the tent today. Things are looking nice. That weird little unknown x red point has developed something else in it's terps that adds to the peppercorn odor, also it looks like pink pistils. I messed her up pretty bad as a wee one and she never really stretched. Little buds are stacking up, they are dense as well, and unbelievably frosty.

I did a little supercrop on my kritical kush just to keep things level. She is taking well to her new root space.

The sock plant is about to lose another one or two fans tomorrow. Hairs are receding turning deep orange color, still very piney with buds staying nice and dense.

My remaining durbin bubble cross... Somehow I forgot the mid day feeding and she was dangerously droopy at evening feed.

Purple zebra crosses are plugging along.

I made up nutes for the next two days at a lower dosage. ½tsp maxibloom per gallon, ph'd to 5.5. They all are acting funny, like they are eating too much. Couple of the girls look to be coming around the bend and are eating much less, others can't get enough. Tent stinks up my whole apartment during my daily garden routines.

I can't really think of much else with the garden. If the droopy durbs doesn't recover I may have to flush and harvest soon. I have decided 20oz hempys are not what works best. They fit nicely but I don't have the time to hand water 3x per day, lesson learned.... I am thinking half gallon hempys would work great, now I need perlite, or maybe lava rock??? Maybe mix aquarium gravel and perlite to get away from coco altogether?? Options abound when someone does sativa too late at night.

I won't be able to post pics until Sunday. Wife gets a mommy detox day or something. Lol I bought her some 9#hammer #5 co² oil to go visit her friend, I get to stay home with the little ones and vape my durbin cross buds, smoke UW ice hash and watch Disney movies. It will be fun. ABA therapy starts Monday for my three year old daughter and busy is what I shall stay.

I almost killed my kritical kush, fell right off of what she was raised up on. Messy stuff. I think she will be alright. User error most definitely. Everybody is good. Just sitting around vaping Durban bubble. X red point and smoking that UW Hash. Stuff dries fast in my house. Put the buds from the cola in a jar.

Droopy durbs will survive. But I may not get much more development out of her. She was totally limp, bone dry, just half freaking dead

I have read a bit about it over on Sue's thread. If this stuff was even more potent.... Psychedelic for sure. Cobbing seems to be a real commitment
It's really not difficult or time consuming at all. I think it's easier than drying bud the normal way. And the smoke is so much better!

It's really not difficult or time consuming at all. I think it's easier than drying bud the normal way. And the smoke is so much better!
I am going to give it a shot. I have to pick a plant, I'm sure the wife will want some say as to which one. It looks like it will take longer than my normal "hang til dry, put in jar, take out of jar, and smoke" harvest and dry method. Everyone seems so pleased with cobbing though, not like the different dry cure methods that everyone argues about.

I bet it would work great with these sativas I have. These things are potent, even with my less than optimal methods. It might be nice to cob my sativas and just smoke the autos I will be growing, maybe alternate, maybe something else... I think my old hippie neighbors have a vacuum sealer, so hopefully I will only need bags... I don't get excited too often, but I'm feeling this

I almost killed my kritical kush, fell right off of what she was raised up on. Messy stuff. I think she will be alright. User error most definitely. Everybody is good. Just sitting around vaping Durban bubble. X red point and smoking that UW Hash. Stuff dries fast in my house. Put the buds from the cola in a jar.

Droopy durbs will survive. But I may not get much more development out of her. She was totally limp, bone dry, just half freaking dead
I did that to a Nukehead Strain I was growing out on a sponsored grow. Thought I killed her. Didn't do a thing to her at all lol.

Back
Top Bottom