Purps' Perpetual: DIY 800W & 350W LED, 9x6, COCO/DTW & RDWC

Purpsmagurps

Hello 420MAG,

Getting ready for a record run here, starting to warm up so my garage grow room is being cleaned out. got my air stones all cleaned, about to take apart my dwc buckets and scrub them. will be replacing my 1 inch bulkheads with 2 inch pvc pipe bulkheads so I dont clog.

I have a 4 - 5 gallon site RDWC system with a chiller I am rebuilding and modifying, as well as a 6 site coco DTW setup I will be building. each system will be running off a 30 gallon reservoir. so 50 gallon dwc

I will be building a 800W DIY quantum puck array with deep red initiators, Just ordered and will be shipped at the end of may when they are released. I will be running Jack's 3-2-1 ($ cheap and lasts you 2 years) and hopefully will bring some of the simplicity and savings of that method over to some growers here! no need to drop $300 a run anymore.

hnnngh

Yo, this is going to be interesting to watch. :cool:

I always shoot for the moon, rarely bite off more than I can chew though!! hahha
I was going to just do the 6 coco plants with just my platinum and 600W of cxb3590 but then I splurged on pucks soooo I already had the rdwc system from last run (went horrible experimented with organics) so I just modified wit ha bigger res for that SOUR D (gonna overtake the whole side of the room i dont know what I'm going to do)

Each plant has a rectangle to grow in, half of me wants to mainline or at least mainfold it but I dont want to set my plants back that long, but I know what I can get with it and it would be dope to give them blue off the bat to node them out, get like 16 tops then raise the light and throw jsut 3000k at them and veg/stretch then flip to bloom and turn the Blurple back on get some super tall shoots I could literally throw one per square on a net and get ocd with it, OR I can do what everyone says to do and just top it at like 18 inches and start weaving... Im leaning towards the second....

Haha. Sounds like you are running wild in your mind. That's when you get new ideas that you never thought about before. Just grow them and se whats happens. I don't plan my grows that much ahead just let them show what they are good at. Every strain has their thing they are doing better or worse than other. Right now I'm literally drowning in OG cutlings, thinking of guerilla framing some of them, cant fit more in my tent soon.

Have you fired up your chilleds yet? I'm very happy with mine. Ordered another one with the discount they gave with the turned molex on the board.

Haha. Sounds like you are running wild in your mind. That's when you get new ideas that you never thought about before. Just grow them and se whats happens. I don't plan my grows that much ahead just let them show what they are good at. Every strain has their thing they are doing better or worse than other. Right now I'm literally drowning in OG cutlings, thinking of guerilla framing some of them, cant fit more in my tent soon.

Have you fired up your chilleds yet? I'm very happy with mine. Ordered another one with the discount they gave with the turned molex on the board.

Not yet ! lol I'm still waiting for them in the mail. I got the order in the second batch with it corrected. and thats cool they gave you a discount! Got a pic with it on?

ok, great! I hope you are going to like them as much I enjoy mine. Think those Samsung chips are the cutting edge right now in grow lights. So nice when you go from those blurps to actually seeing what you grow. Yeah, got pics with the rigg on. :cool:

Yeah a staff member on another forum was like hey but these! when I was gonna buy a bunch of Cree and by the look of it he was right.

I figured I'd get bored lol! I haven't run coco before but the auto drip seems like all the work would be taken out, and I've done Dwc before but failed semi spectacularly by running organics and not having a big enough air pump. So I gotta redeem with a second try. I wanted to run 2 strains so I can smoke some variety and decided to just reuse my Dwc.

Ok! Great! I have tried DWC before and done a combo with soil/perelite. Currently back on soil but I considering Easy2grow auto pots. Need some breathing room in the summer to be able to stay away some days from the growing. Do you have any experience from them?

Back
Top Bottom