Putting cannabis coconut oil in capsules

Finnicki

My wife smokes it. I have never smoked anything nor ever will. So I do edibles. First it was Rice Krispie treats. Then brownies. Last it was no-bake cookies. About a month ago I saw a post here about capsules. I didn’t investigate it. But now u want to know more. Like which capsules hold the oil and won’t fall apart. Can anyone here point me to the correct forum? Thanks.

Greeting Finn! I have made canna-capsules with extra virgin olive oil (commonly referred to as EVOO here) and coconut oil. The EVOO ones have no trouble holding the oil under regular household temps. The coconut ones I keep in the fridge, though they may be fine in the cabinet as well! I use regular 00 size gelatin capsules from Now brands that I get from Amazon, though most health food stores will have them.

To fill them I bought this package of syringes (sorry, no Amazon linking allowed here so search this description):
BSTEAN 10ml Syringes 14Ga 1.5 Inch Blunt Tip Needle Storage Caps - Glue Applicator, Oil Dispensing (Pack of 5)

You can pick up a capsule holder while you're there, or make your own from a 1x4 and a drill. That's what I did.

I just made a batch of 70 capsules for my wife before I left for work today. Took about 10 minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can point you to posts that might help.

Wife ordered caps and a syringe today, getting on Friday. We have to check our crocks temp when it has been on. Very small one. No temp control. So , 100 degrees is needed to put oil into capsules?

Bad reviews on some gelatin caps so I steered clear. Bad tasting or they dissolved. Tired of baking brownies or no-bake cookies. Caps may get in my system quicker that food.

Back
Top Bottom