PW's Perpetual Playhouse

Sunshine and ProMix should be pretty much interchangeable. They are both peat based soil less mixes. Sunshine claims their mix is pH balanced between 5.8-6.2. ProMix claims their product is stabilized at 5.5-5.8. I use ProMix because it's easier to find in my area.

As for the pH of your feed, I believe a lot of that has to do with your fertilizer and how it's designed. There are 3 different sources of nitrogen typically used in fertilizers. Urea (cheapest and normally found in low grade fertilizers), Amonical Nitrogen (causes pH to drop as the plant uses it), or Nitrate Nitrogen (causes pH to increase as the plant uses it). Some companies will use a blend of Amonical and Nitrate, usually in a 1:2 ratio to balance the effects. I was using Dyna Gro with ProMix and it uses a combination of Amonical and Nitrate. I would feed it at 6.5 and have no issues. Remember ProMix has a slightly lower buffered pH to start with than Sunshine, so the pH would drift downward through the range when feeding. Sunshine having a higher pH, and feeding at 6.5, it may not be drifting as much causing some lockout. Especially if your fertilizer is all Nitrate Nitrogen (I can't find a guaranteed analysis to see what your nutes contain). I'm just starting a new grow and have changed fertilizers. Because the new one is all Nitrate Nitrogen rather than a blend, I'm gonna feed this batch at 6.0 rather than the 6.5 I did in the past. Might want to give a couple feedings at 6.0 and see if they improve.
Beautiful info @farside05

This is why I’m glad im in coco man puts feet up and laughs :Namaste::Namaste:

Ha thanks joe! yea that 3800 reading was false it's the meter mistake like a miss fire. The results were around 1800 under the big LEDs though @24-26inches away.
Okay but Meter where ?

Lol I felt a bit ashamed after knowing you have one too and probably got that 3806 flash access the screen. Thinking man that guy don't know what he's talking about lol.
Cool thing about the meter, I saw one whole bank of four lights runs about 500pdf lower. The rest of the light is equal. F off to the manufacturer .... So for me, the meter is quite priceless.

Yeah I think I like the fact of being in full control and knowing what’s going on ... thanks next winter I’ll have one

Hey guys found a pic of Penny FINALLy moving...seems he's packing lite....

8c26853247e18cbdb0f1d16c50.pagespeed.ce.RLkNMqrlRd.jpg
That's just how Penny rolls

@Kingjoe83 buy me a plane ticket and I’ll be on my way, you can have my weed just don’t touch the seeds!! Lol
Buddy I just want to blaze with you bro be legend to say I got to get lifted with the guy. I see it as your a legend brotha not me .

You know this . If had he money I would fly you down for weekend we get a boat cottage atvs lots of greens few drinks maybe. Fires we wild need to get some talent for us to have a secret hall pass lol .

Oh my what have you done to me brotha :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom