Pyr0's Perpetually Perplexing Presses Of Pleasant Surprises

Adding in some extra led strips at the edge of my new light, these are deconstructed from large circular wall lights that were originally installed in stairwells, these are from failed units that I salvaged. 12" diameter, with multiple led strips of 5.5" and 11", the longer strips have 8 leds at 12v and 300mA so around 3.3W, short strips have 4 leds, 6V 300mA.
I added 8 of the larger strips, so around an extra 25 watts, it all counts.
They are 4000k 500mW leds.

lights are out nw, but will add a pic tomorrow.

So I grew a really nice Jack Herer earlier this year and due to overcrowding in my cab during the peak of our summer I put it outside in my el cheapo plastic greenhouse to join a bunch of autos. All was good, but I noticed some male flowers on my auto Sweet Soma and ended up getting a couple of seeds from my JH.

I had bad vibes about that Sweet Soma, it was the first plant that ever threw male sacs, it also grew a bit weird, lots of extra leaves where they shouldn't be, same goes for buds. It is a mainly indica strain and is suggested as being good for sleep, so I thought that's where the Soma in the name came from.

Anyway I harvested it and more or less ignored it for the past few months, tried it the other weekend with some friends and we all ended up laughing and giggling, it was mildly euphoric and not like most of the indica based plants I have grown.
So now I do a bit more digging, and it turns out that this is a auto plant based on the Somango genetics, which is a cross of Super Skunk, Big Skunk and Jack Herer.
So this got me thinking back to those seeds I found on my Jack Herer, so it looks like I have a couple of seeds that may contain genetics of Super Skunk, Big Korean Skunk, Jack Herer and Ruderalis crossed with Jack Herer.

Weird kind of scaly looking lizard skin peeling effect, I hope they germinate

I am now eager to find some space and try and germinate these two. I reckon there might be some interesting phenos, hopefully I get a male and female but knowing my luck they will both be males, either way could make for some interesting pollen.

Peace

Hello........

here's the extra edge lights in action, it doesn't look like much, but it works out as an extra 64 0.5w leds, running at around 28 watts. It all helps.

I also have a couple of 30W 4000k LED Tube replacements and I'm using them kind of like side lighting.
The girls are loving it.

I hope to replace the DIY inner led panels with some quantum style boards in the near future, shipping take a while ;-)

Peace

So I grew a really nice Jack Herer earlier this year and due to overcrowding in my cab during the peak of our summer I put it outside in my el cheapo plastic greenhouse to join a bunch of autos. All was good, but I noticed some male flowers on my auto Sweet Soma and ended up getting a couple of seeds from my JH.

I had bad vibes about that Sweet Soma, it was the first plant that ever threw male sacs, it also grew a bit weird, lots of extra leaves where they shouldn't be, same goes for buds. It is a mainly indica strain and is suggested as being good for sleep, so I thought that's where the Soma in the name came from.

Anyway I harvested it and more or less ignored it for the past few months, tried it the other weekend with some friends and we all ended up laughing and giggling, it was mildly euphoric and not like most of the indica based plants I have grown.
So now I do a bit more digging, and it turns out that this is a auto plant based on the Somango genetics, which is a cross of Super Skunk, Big Skunk and Jack Herer.
So this got me thinking back to those seeds I found on my Jack Herer, so it looks like I have a couple of seeds that may contain genetics of Super Skunk, Big Korean Skunk, Jack Herer and Ruderalis crossed with Jack Herer.

Weird kind of scaly looking lizard skin peeling effect, I hope they germinate

I am now eager to find some space and try and germinate these two. I reckon there might be some interesting phenos, hopefully I get a male and female but knowing my luck they will both be males, either way could make for some interesting pollen.

Peace
Awesome will be great to see what comes up. Based solely on what I’ve read they will probably both be female and maybe prone to hermie.

Those lights are impressive for DIY, recycled I can’t wait to see what you do with the QBs.
:passitleft:

Harvest update
Auto Diesel by Royal Queen Seeds

i got 5 of these as freebies, and just as well as the first 2 didn't germinate, the 3rd one did but just went and died, I was almost going to bin the rest of them but finally managed to get one to grow.
It grew kind of weird for an auto, started off indoors then spent most of our summer outdoors then back indoors under leds again to finish off, as it had got way to big to be sitting outside. It got very bushy and appeared to be sprouting 3 leaves for every two, same went for buds, very loose and airy and it was taking way longer than advertised to finish, I mean double the time.

It was supposed to be ready in 8 to 10 weeks, I finally harvested this after almost 20 weeks.

I haven't checked weight yet, just at final drying stage now.

Oh and it already smells and smokes real nice. :)

Peace

ok, time for another random update.

My Zamaldelica is coming on well, coming up on 11 weeks of flowering this weekend.

This is one of the lowest branches, from the 2nd node, I normally try to use the lowest branches from the 1st node for clones, as they never amount to much when left on anyway.

The smell is getting stronger

and here's the 2 clones I got from the bottom branches, I took them at around week 3 of flower, it took quite a while for them to root and finally start reveging.

and that's an Amnesia Haze re-veg in the background too. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with it just yet.

:Namaste:

Here's my Green Poison by Sweet Seeds, this was only vegged for a few weeks, flipped to 12/12 3 weeks from germination.
It's coming up on 11 weeks since flip, but I'd say week 9 of showing flowers, will give it a flush over the weekend then just water for the next week.

Peace

Here's the Green Poison at 10 weeks since first showing flowers

I'll give it another couple of feeds and start flushing mid week.

Peace

How's it going Pyr0? Some good looking flowers there buddy!

hey buddy, it's going great, thanks, but I've really neglected this thread, too much happening and not enough time.

I harvested the Green Poison at almost 12 weeks and Zamaldelica was a little over 13 weeks, got a bit of bud rot on a few of the zammy buds, nothing too bad. Here's a few random pics of the Green Poison's final days

It's already a really nice smoke, I didn't get a big yield but I was happy considering it was only vegging for less than 3 weeks before flipping.

Peace

and here's a few Zammy pics, she was throwing out bananas for the last few weeks, I wasn't too concerned as it was so late in flower.

This has a really nice mango and citrus aroma to the curing buds.

Peace

That Zamadelcia looks saucy. If you like unique aroma’s on marijuana, try growing Moby Dick or Apollo 13 or Apollo 11. Moby dick is a huge sativa plant, extremely high in THCV and of course THC, with a pungent aroma I cant even describe, its a gassy lemony smell that I will never forget.

Cheers, they sound interesting, I've heard of Moby Dick but not the Apollo, I must check them out :passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Some Peyote Critical nearing it's end of term......

That Peyote Critical looks great, that double bud is awesome. I got a pot with three of those in veg right now, hope mine comes out as nice. Nice job!

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom