Pyramid Seeds Northern Lights - Ultimate Beginner CFL B&Q Compost Tap Water Grow

RudeDude92

Hello all!
Firstly, let me apologise for the sideways pictures. I know they are so annoying and I will put them the correct way up for my next journal. Let me also thank everybody on here, as although this is my first post I have used these forums for information throughout my grow.
This was my first ever grow, and as such I wanted to wait to finish it before I posted it here. Now that it is completed, and I have a second one beginning, I am documenting the whole grow here! :D

I am going to give more detail here to allow the pictures to do the talking, so here is what I used and the general information of the grow:

Pyramid Seeds - Northern Lights. This was a 5 pack, although I ultimately only ended up having room for 3, all 5 did germinate so no problems there. They were all germinated using the paper towel in two plates method until the roots were poking out probably 2-3cm.
They were then put straight into their final containers which were full of B&Q standard light compost that I got for £5. All of them sprouted, but I had to remove one for space, and later, had to remove another due to space as you will see in the pictures.

To begin with, I was just using 1 20w 2700k cfl for each plant, which seemed to do pretty well as the space was painted white. I then added a 300w dual spectrum cfl which helped them a lot more. They were later moved into a smaller cupboard, which is why one had to be gotten rid of.

I only watered them with tap water - didn't leave it to stand, didn't check the Ph. Why? Because, to be honest, I wanted to do a beginner's grow the proper beginner's way - just pop some seeds into some regular soil, with some regular tapwater under some regular lights and see what happens. The results are fairly predictable, but hey, it was a fun learning curve!

(You've probably guessed but I also didn't use any nutrients)

With that, here's a selection of pictures from throughout the course of the grow. If you have any questions, please message or comment here.

The pictures are mostly chronological, (and again, sorry, but sideways), although there's a few digressions. These should be apparent
:thanks:

Thanks!

IMG_387614.JPG
IMG_39025.JPG
IMG_39025.JPG
IMG_390111.JPG
IMG_39057.JPG
IMG_39419.JPG
IMG_39627.JPG
IMG_397010.JPG
IMG_398510.JPG
IMG_39876.JPG
IMG_402310.JPG
IMG_401111.JPG
IMG_40357.JPG
IMG_40598.JPG
IMG_40815.JPG
IMG_416811.JPG
IMG_41397.JPG
IMG_40827.JPG
IMG_40977.JPG
IMG_41355.JPG
IMG_41501.JPG
IMG_41709.JPG
IMG_41835.JPG
IMG_41565.JPG
IMG_427010.JPG
IMG_42466.JPG
IMG_41989.JPG
IMG_42079.JPG
IMG_42496.JPG
IMG_42796.JPG
IMG_42882.JPG
IMG_42583.JPG
IMG_42147.JPG
IMG_43566.JPG
IMG_43307.JPG
IMG_429212.JPG
IMG_43049.JPG
IMG_43079.JPG
IMG_433113.JPG
IMG_43574.JPG
IMG_43595.JPG
IMG_43639.JPG

I've harvested 2 of the 3 plants - the remaining plant is still going and I will finish that one within my next current journal. The bigger one got me about 12g dry - would've been more had I not picked a lot of leaves and buds of during its growth! The smaller one got me about 8-10 - that's about 5g of it left in the jar at the end there.

The final plant is looking good and my next grow is a Cropical Fruit Auto from Cream of the Crop and a White Widow, from once more, Pyramid seeds, using 560w of cfl light in specially mixed soil with ph balanced water! So keep an eye out for that one - and for anyone who's still reading, thanks so much!

Edit: I have many more pictures of various stages of its growth so please feel free to ask for any information of pictures :)

re: Pyramid Seeds Northern Lights - Ultimate Beginner CFL B&Q Compost Tap Water Grow

Lmao. Dude. Your done already. Supposed to draw the grow out take pics as you go lmao.

re: Pyramid Seeds Northern Lights - Ultimate Beginner CFL B&Q Compost Tap Water Grow

Looks good tho.

Lmao. Dude. Your done already. Supposed to draw the grow out take pics as you go lmao.

I know mate, just didn't wanna end up in the "abandoned" journals section! My current grow which is like 4 days old will be done the classic way ;)

cheers for looking

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom