Q about recruiters

Tedmarx38

Hello, I saw some content in one of the community threads about how those who own this site have had problems with “recruiters” posting here. I’m curious if that means what some call “headhunters”. I am one but in a totally different industry.

If that’s what this means, are headhunters actually coming onto this site seeking employee candidates? Given the above anonymous nature and fake names used by members, this seems like a very strange way to do business. Thanks.

I noticed that comment about "recruiters" in one of the threads that it is recommended everyone read before they join or right after. Maybe one of the moderators will jump in to verify.

When I first read that thread I took it to mean people coming in from other message boards and joining here. They would be attempting to get some of the members to leave this group and recruiting them to join that other group to boost that groups reach, message count, etc.

It was highly frowned on about 20 years ago when message boards were getting their start on the internet. People would go to existing eMail lists and newsgroups and say to come visit and join this new group or another. In other words, they were attempting to sabotage an existing group to get their own group off the ground without having to do the work involved in making it look like a great place.

@SmokingWings has it exactly right. It refers to members joining and attempting to recruit to other forums. We are in that sense a victim of our own success.

We would like to be more directly connected with the global Cannabis community, however there are some bad seeds who spoil the fun for the rest of us. Allowing promotional links to these types of websites has historically gotten out of hand due to product re-sellers and competitors spamming our forums with non sponsored products and attempting to recruit our members.

@SmokingWings has it exactly right. It refers to members joining and attempting to recruit to other forums. We are in that sense a victim of our own success.

We would like to be more directly connected with the global Cannabis community, however there are some bad seeds who spoil the fun for the rest of us. Allowing promotional links to these types of websites has historically gotten out of hand due to product re-sellers and competitors spamming our forums with non sponsored products and attempting to recruit our members.
Bad seeds….well done lol.

Back
Top Bottom