Q: Maximing yield with my new setup?

steve47

Hi everyone,
after growing in a very small area without air circulation and using 250hps with overheat, soil.. blah..

I finally got my new setup 1x1x2 Homebox and an AC unit (power saving & strong).
Including Rev-Osmosis, 1x 600w Hps and good air circulation stuff, hydroponic- Coco.

build-3.jpg

I maintain 27c - 28c at the entire area of the Homebox (Keeping them thirsty).
Light cycle is 18/6 light.
Watering for 1-2 minutes every 4 hours and once a day i water for about 10 minutes to let the Coco wash.
(Just passed week 1 of veg)

For now, the light is about 30cm from plants (In the picture it's higher, i know).

Questions

1. If i can maintain temperature, should i add a second 600w Hps? Or would it be worthless?

2. Which grow method will give me best yield/time in this space? Some people suggested SOG.
If SOG, what pot sizes should i use and how many? I learned that hydroponic grow doesn't require
too many roots..

3. Should i LST/S.Crop/Top ?

4. Any recommanded genetics (For now i tried Nirvana seeds but with lame setup)

5. Any pro tips? :)

Thanks for any help!

trying to max production in a small area I would top, super crop and then scrog it the scrog will be more productive of high quality tops I would also go with a indica strand so to pack on the weight use some bulk builder of ur chose looks good bro wish u much luck may the mj growing gods smile upon u and ur grow

haha thanks!
So i should super crop until i have most of the plants in the same level, then defooliate all under the light level and let it scrog?

i wouldn't defoliate until scrog is almost full the theory is the defoliating will induce that last little stretch grow and fill out the scrog net u don't have to necessary super crop it u can go with whatever lst u like the idea is to train for the scrog b4 u put it under the net u need to check out some of the scrog journals good stuff everything u need to know check out my journal maybe it will u some ideas i like to let it get about a foot tall then top it twice so u get four main shoots off the top then lst those four main shoots to be the four corners of ur scrog net

Your set-up looks very good, you could use any of the techniques you have mentioned but i personally would go for 4 indica dominant varieties like blue cheese, topping them 2-3 times to maximise your space, giving you an even canopy using LST or super-cropping, just try to keep an even canopy with lots of bud sites and you'll be in for a treat at harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom