Quad12 JustMeds RDWC Build

Yup, thats looking real real good.

The 1/4" jets along with the air stones will probably give you a DO content well in excess of 500% of what the plants require. A case where more is better.

I have the same issue with undrained fluid when I do a res change. Its never affected either grow but has always bothered me. I'm liking your gravel idea and would steal it with your blessing.

One thing I didn't do that I wish I would have, was put a valve on both the pump and return side down stream of the two front totes to be able to completely isolate the back two totes. My thinking is, if I ever had two male plants or two deaths or whatever reason might cause me to finish a grow with two plants, I could isolate half the system to reduce water and nutes. Its worth considering.

I'm really liking your DIY on this, I wished I had done similarly.

Enough from me......Carry on.:thumb:

I took a lot of ideas from your build. You are more then welcome to steal anything I do and use along with anyone else who may be following along. I feel its better for a couple of people to do something to prove it works or don't work and the move on to try something else.

With the air stones, I don't plan on running any. Hope I am right.

Need to get some seeds to pop, anyone have extra's (Medical state here only gifts or donations) or suggestions on type and best place to order from?

I feel its better for a couple of people to do something to prove it works or don't work and the move on to try something else.

With the air stones, I don't plan on running any. Hope I am right.

I plan to be one to prove or disprove this. Google "Could Air Stones Be Doing More Harm Than Good" FooDoo has done some stuff I think is spot on.

My pump is only 250 Gal/Hr. That should be real gentle on the super fine hairs of the roots yet still provide enough circulation.

With water level at very bottom of bridge pipe each tote will hold 4-1/2 gallons of water. That places the water level 1-1/2" below the bottom of the net pot. I am expecting it to rise about 1/2" when fully hooked up. If that is to close I can place a spacer between the net pot and the lid of the tote.

I don't think I will be using the pea stone in the bottom of the tote's as a volume eliminator. The thing I don't like about the system as it stands is the water that stays in during a drain. I am actively looking for different containers to use that will drain completely. If anyone knows of something I would like to see it.
Tou have a wet vac?

Tou have a wet vac?

Ya, got a wet vac. It is an option many use, would like to not have to be one of them many. How nice would it be to have a nice clean purge with nothing more then opening a valve. The K.I.S.S at its finest.

My mindset was to have a system that required virtually no work on my part. I can swing 2 valves and change the res and be back up and running in 15 minutes once a week and I don't have to add water or nutes between changes. Not having to fight the bottom inch of water would just be another piece of the puzzle solved. As it is right now I don't bother with the tank bottoms on res changes but its always bugged me that they're there.

My mindset was to have a system that required virtually no work on my part. I can swing 2 valves and change the res and be back up and running in 15 minutes once a week and I don't have to add water or nutes between changes. Not having to fight the bottom inch of water would just be another piece of the puzzle solved. As it is right now I don't bother with the tank bottoms on res changes but its always bugged me that they're there.

Bugs me too. We need to make up some different containers. That work better. :thumb:

I guess you could always raise your reservoirs a little and have your drain plugs on the bottom. If thats an option. Just throwing it out there. Ive never tried it but it could work

I thought about that. I think you would lose about 3" to 4" depending on what fitting you use. Then if there was a nice 1/4" fall from edge to center of container. We would have something. Any ideas on where to get something like this would be great. I was thinking of making a mold shape that fit a container, placing container in oven to control temp, at just right temp remove and place on mold to take shape of the bottom I want.

Got a few more things today.

Chiller.
IMG_20170511_175931.jpg

Water Pump.
IMG_20170511_180005.jpg

Z7.
IMG_20170511_180031.jpg

How's this going? I'm loving the quality of your work!

I'm also planning a build and have come up with two solutions for the drain issue.

Solution one is to simply drain the system, fill with clean, pHed, RO water, drain again, and then perform the actual reservoir change.

Solution two involves a platform and drain. I'd build the platform for the system with 2x4s, plywood and a reflective material. I'd drill holes in the center of the toots (corresponding to holes in the platform) you have, insert the drain fitting (linked below), attach the necessary plumbing and pump.

Not sure if either could work for you? Either way, keep us updated! Excited for your build

Drain fitting (left in picture) - Botanicare Ebb & Flow Fitting Kit with 2 Extensions | 50% Off Discount Hydroponic Supplies

Ps - First post :)

How's this going? I'm loving the quality of your work!

I'm also planning a build and have come up with two solutions for the drain issue.

Solution one is to simply drain the system, fill with clean, pHed, RO water, drain again, and then perform the actual reservoir change.

Solution two involves a platform and drain. I'd build the platform for the system with 2x4s, plywood and a reflective material. I'd drill holes in the center of the toots (corresponding to holes in the platform) you have, insert the drain fitting (linked below), attach the necessary plumbing and pump.

Not sure if either could work for you? Either way, keep us updated! Excited for your build

Drain fitting (left in picture) - Botanicare Ebb & Flow Fitting Kit with 2 Extensions | 50% Off Discount Hydroponic Supplies

Ps - First post :)
Congrats on first post dude. Was very well presented and informative! Haha just stirrin ya up, sounds good though. Be sure to say when you get a journal going for your grow!

Ya did not get to work on any of it the last few days. Hoping to get back at it this week. Have to get the chiller plumbing figured out.

@TimeToLearn : I am just getting started here so careful if you follow what I do. ScrogDawg is where I got lots of ideas then just start twisting them. I thought about the pedestal thing also. Just trying to keep as much of the height in the tent usable as possible.

Looks good in there. Where are you going to go out the tent to the reservoir with the lines?

Yep, the Res and chiller will all sit outside the tent.

Back
Top Bottom