Quadline, SCROG, WTF?

Bush Doctor 77

I started with my first quadline on 4 plants. Then I realized that quad plants can't get much wider than the pots, and I've got 15 inch pots. Each plant has a 2.5X2.5 foot area to grow in, and I want to use it all. Now I'm gonna change to a SCROG. Each plant is in 10 gal pot, with it's own tub. I flush once a week with GH nutes using Sunshine mix. I mix 8 gallons of nutes in a garbage can, aerate it, and water the plants with an aquarium pump/hose. I drain the waste from the tubs with a ShopVac. Now three questions---1: see any major problems? 2: I will extend my frame one level up to support buds--how far above the lower level should the second net be? 3: Should the plants be equidistant from each other and the edge of the frame(toward the center as in my pic) or out toward the corners of the frame so the plants grow in toward the light? My grow area is 8X6 feet with access on three sides. Two 400 watt MH in one hood, one 6000K and the other 10000K. I'll soon go to 1000watt 6000K MH DE, then 1000w HPS for bloom and may finish under 10000K MH 1000 watt for last 2 weeks. The frame is 4X 4 feet. Strains from lower left, clockwise: Seedsman Cheese, Royal Cookies, AK Choco Kush, and Green Crack. The Cookies and Kush are younger plants. All were just defoliated.

BTW, this is why I hate you guys!!! Got me doing all this crazy stuff, and I was completely content growing a few lbs a year in my greenhouse with minimal effort!

DSC01870.JPG

BTW, this is why I hate you guys!!! Got me doing all this crazy stuff, and I was completely content growing a few lbs a year in my greenhouse with minimal effort!

You are most welcome. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You'd need someone from the quadsquad to guide you, but I thought they generally got taller that you'd want in a SCRoG. Perhaps adding plant supports or the larger tomato cages would work for you.

You can train the plants to fill the whole net and then once the net is full and the canopy even you can flip to flower. Canopy should stretch evenly. I would have the net at least 12” above the top of the pots so you have room to work underneath. I’m running a SCROG right now and mine is about 8”. I hand water mine which is a pain. Made lollipopping suck too. This is my first time using it. Before I would get 16-19 tops with just lst per plant. With my net I have 69 tops on two plants

Definitely a scrog fan.. Wouldn't grow without using one.. Three of my threads deal with scrog screens. It's the easiest, single thing, you can do to increase your yield. Scrog screens, and hydro, can yield, with the proper light, a gram per watt from a 100 day {total time} grow.. Coco/perlite a little longer.

Always willing to learn about other peoples scrog screen experiences.. Nice looking outdoor plants and garden.. Browsed your media.. I was assuming, because of your name, that you'd have some pics of your indoor grows in scrog screens.. No luck there.. I guess that's what I get for assuming.

Always willing to learn about other peoples scrog screen experiences.. Nice looking outdoor plants and garden.. Browsed your media.. I was assuming, because of your name, that you'd have some pics of your indoor grows in scrog screens.. No luck there.. I guess that's what I get for assuming.
Here ya go. My first scrog. I think I'll start bloom soon. I've still got to hang the second level of netting , when I figure how high I want it. Probably a foot or so, as I'm gonna guess 18" of stretch, at least. Under 1000W DE MH right now @ 1150 .
DSC01899.JPG

Back
Top Bottom