Quadlining?

Ifbleaf

Do these girls look ready to get rid of the first leaves? They've all grown an inch in the first 24 hrs under a 250w MH BULB .
IMG_20190810_112623.jpg
IMG_20190810_112623.jpg
IMG_20190810_112615.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_112609.jpg
    IMG_20190810_112609.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 141
Their leaves look fine - and are both meant to be there and are serving a necessary purpose, lol. Leave them be.

IMG_20190818_090722.jpg

The seedlings loved the m/ h . I've got the priority wrong here giving the seedlings the best of the light and the older girls to one side.
IMG_20190818_111707.jpg

Now I have them under a 600w dual spectrum and I'm running it on 400w for now. I'm getting not enough heat issues. The summer has gone chilly and my fan is to fierce.might have to put a smaller one in.??
The seedlings are feeding well and I am looking for the 3 I've trimmed to get going after overwatering them when I repotted them. They are all not short for training purposes but I don't think it is a massive problem. Unless they all go skywards...

IMG_20190818_090722.jpg

The seedlings loved the m/ h . I've got the priority wrong here giving the seedlings the best of the light and the older girls to one side.
IMG_20190818_111707.jpg

Now I have them under a 600w dual spectrum and I'm running it on 400w for now. I'm getting not enough heat issues. The summer has gone chilly and my fan is to fierce.might have to put a smaller one in.??
The seedlings are feeding well and I am looking for the 3 I've trimmed to get going after overwatering them when I repotted them. They are all not short for training purposes but I don't think it is a massive problem. Unless they all go skywards...
If you are quadlining, get to cutting. They are ready.
Cut of the lowest two leaves and top them. Then train the four main branches to grow out like a plus sign.
Just give them time to heal, don’t be cutting on them every day, and don’t bend the branches when they’re thirsty. Do the bending right after you water so they bend and don’t snap on you.
Weed plants are tough, don’t be ascurred.

:morenutes:
If you are quadlining, get to cutting. They are ready.
Cut of the lowest two leaves and top them. Then train the four main branches to grow out like a plus sign.
Just give them time to heal, don’t be cutting on them every day, and don’t bend the branches when they’re thirsty. Do the bending right after you water so they bend and don’t snap on you.
Weed plants are tough, don’t be ascurred.
That's why I put the tag on. Good advice. Thanks for the sound tips. The seedlings are regular seeds?? I guess training them all won't be detrimental to the ends of the girls that come up.
I've got 3 feminised Barney's farm seeds all 2+ weeks older and started training too late. I could see it was ready and prudent to get chopping on the first leaves. Someone said nah leave them on. I was in the wrong place. :morenutes::snowboating:thanks
IMG_20190818_111654.jpg

This is them under a dual spectrum 600w bulb dimmed to 400w . I've got it on 600 now as it's getting chilly. I've got a summer strength fan. It's all or chilly. Have to put the smaller one back..

Gonna follow along. Im not sure training at all is for me. I know breaking branches happen but my first attempt I snapped a branch a almost clean off. And this was working slow running between fingers to allow almost a natural bend.

You really need to get the right spot for bending. I've been splitting the main trunks trying to tie down flowering colas. Fkn eeejut . Me that is.. Glad to hear the interest. I'm starting to get disciplined with growing. On my 2nd bio grow and getting excited about the symbiosis thing going on. Just using my soil a 2nd time! And I recharged it with John innes no 3 about 1/5 then I did research ( read a good article) re bio tea/compost tea. My seedlings are cheap weed shop seeds !!! <$30 for 10 . I've given them bio tea from what I considered to be worm castings from an ancient hedrow, deep lane between many fields and steep. Total gamble apparently? The cheap seeds, I imagine are more disease prone . Maybe not. But I believe I have some nice organic microbial communities. :yummy::rollit::morenutes:

IMG_20190819_202457.jpg

I've chopped the first leaves off all 10. They were all at the same point of vigorous growth also
IMG_20190819_202444.jpg

And this is my , left to right damp towels, plants under 600w dual spectrum, heater on a digital thermally activated switch. Apart from no humidifier, I'm starting to feel damp evaporation will keep temps lower? That's it. Simple. My exhaust goes up at about 45°+ my inlet goes in and down . And I am going to have a sliff now.

You may. Good point.
I've grown seedlings that got so leggy I would repot and bury half of the flimsy stalk!!!! Also topping. I've ended up with a couple of plants that are showing me that there was a quick effective way to train and not have to be waiting for 3months to get the manifold etc.. I could see the main branches and was eager to learn how to make use of this growth pattern. So when I recently found quadlining it was like THAT'S WHAT I WANT .

it was ready and prudent to get chopping on the first leaves.
If you're quadlining,you need to remove the entire lower node,not just the leaves-the node is that little nub above where the leaf comes out of the main stem-if you leave it,a branch will try to grow there,and for a quad,you don't want that.

Back
Top Bottom