Quality drying and curing how to?

fuzzy911

Hi,

So the stage we were all waiting for is upon us at last:
20150614_134119_1_.jpg

But my quastion is, how to dry properly? I cut down 2 nodes, hung them in a dark room with reletevly dry and about 70F hot, it took it something like 3 days to go from the above to this:

20150614_134645_1_.jpg

The second bud is not the one from above, but im asking about the over drying, is it normal? should i dry lees and put the rest of the time in a jar to cure? from the looks of the bud after 3 day drying i'd say it lost a lot of volume and became hollow a bit,please advise!!!

Well aprox some 70% of the plant material is water so it is basically going to shrink in size during the slow air dry.

The slow air dry may take around 7 to 14 days or in till stem snaps/cracks with out fully breaking then you start the curing.

20c / 70f is pretty good slow air dry temperature also RH or relative humidity of around 50% to 60% is pretty optimal.

Lower temps & higher RH may induce bud rot if the strain is prone to this problem as a side note :thumb:

Cured/stored bud ideally is best around 60% RH of the jar etc for good smoking MMJ.

There are some RH devices which fit into jars tho but can not think of the name at the mo...

Dry slow, yeah sure if you ain't got weed you can dry some fast, but you will cough like mad! slow is best, slow don't make you cough, and it brings out some flavor 70F ???? 60-65F over 7-14 days is 'nice'

Back
Top Bottom