Quantum board help

Not sure if HLG is a sponsor here.. but the best advice i got was to get kingbrite qb's off alibaba. the 250w was $100 less shipped, same exact LED's the samsung 301's.. amazing deal here in 5 days. I wanted to buy HLG, but they never responded to emails for me.. ended up saving a ton:)
Grower lights depot is a sponsor here and they carry hlg quantum boards.I
Weird....hlg has always responded to me, one time in less than 20 minutes. They have fantastic customer service usually.....wonder what happened there.

I just installed the hlg 260 from Grower Lights.... I can already tell that they are a game changer. My veg box had a Mars burple - around 250 watts.

The clones are 5 weeks old - rooted well. They were slightly droopy. After 3 hours with the QB's - they're all at attention and reaching up.

I'm super pleased with the diy kit. Easy peasy to assemble - top notch set up.

:slide::slide::slide:

I ended up getting the 12 strips which is 1152 diodes, Same amount as HLV 550. I mounted them on 2 Costco aluminum cookie sheets with double sided heat transfer tape. 6 strips are 2700K and the other 6 are 3500K Mounted them in an alternating pattern so I should have it evenly spaced to be 3100K I am going to run 2 drivers. One for the 2700k and the other for the 3500K. Right now I only have one driver HLG240H-24A and 6 strips are bright as heck. The other driver ended up in a shipping fiasco. The pic is just testing. Price was 264.00 for 12 strips. cookie sheets were probably 30. One new driver was 47.00 and the other which I bought elsewhere is 27.00 and used. Wago connectors were 10 but got 50 of them. Thermostat wire was 10 but got 50 feet. 20 for heat tape. 12.00 for hangars. All in, I think I spent 420. Is that a coincidence.

Attachments

• 20190118_140427[1].jpg
    20190118_140427[1].jpg
    394 KB · Views: 128
Finished size will be 21 x 30 inches and it will go in a 4x4 tent. Total cost will be 420.00 USD. There are 6 of the 3500K and 6 of the 2700K strips and I put one 3500 down then a 2700, then a 3500 and so on. The two cookie sheets are mounted together on c channel aluminum. I will clean it up further with the wiring. It's a work in progress. Going to drill small holes near each terminal to run the wiring up to the drivers which will sit on top. Kind of bizarre how it was cheaper to get two small drivers than one large to run it all. Each driver will run 3500K and the other driver will run 2700K. When you add all the K numbers up and divide by 12 you come out with 3100K. It should work theoretically. I will use my as of yet 2 new and unused Viparspectra par 600 to veg them. Then switch over to quantum for flowering.

Attachments

• 20190122_151658[1].jpg
    20190122_151658[1].jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20190122_151706[1].jpg
    20190122_151706[1].jpg
    390 KB · Views: 127
Personally, I'd do a 3000k if it's for both veg and flower

The 3k is better for flower and, to me, the most important part of growing.

3500k is good for both, but not great for either, where 3k is good for veg and great for flower

My $1.22 cents worth

Or

Do the Alibaba like Tead did, get both, spend less, buy more seeds with the savings, more beer and more fun

My $1.37 option

Hey chris jus wondering how do I ground myself or what do I do about the light it says it's in a electrostatic shield bag an to work with it in a electrostatic free workstation so wondering how I go about tht lol? If any1 can help me out I'm currently trying to setup my quantum board light.

you just need to ground yourself so you don't zap the board with static electricity.
any computer shop or a place like radio shack or the source will have a cheap accessory called a grounding strap
you attach it to your wrist and then clip the lead onto something metal to ground yourself

I'm wondering about this.....
If I have a 320 Meanwell driver
and I have the option of driving 2 or 3 QB 288 boards
Is one option more advantageous than the other? and why?
Don't quote me on this as I am guestimating. 288x3 equals 864 diodes. For what I did, An HLG 240H-24A runs 576 didodes. Add in another 288 diodes and you are up to 864. That said you should be able to use a 240 and a 120 or one 360 for 864 diodes. Or you could get a 120 for each 288 diode board. Not even being close to an expert, were it me I would go 4 boards(1152 DIODES) and one 480 or two 240's Like I said, I am no expert but was pretty good at math in school. My setup works for me. You should be able to view more info on it here. https://www.420magazine.com/community/conversations/my-light.439316/ I have since cleaned up the wiring. Here is an updated pic. The diodes I have are the LM301B which are more efficient than the 561's
quantum board.jpg

Hey chris jus wondering how do I ground myself or what do I do about the light it says it's in a electrostatic shield bag an to work with it in a electrostatic free workstation so wondering how I go about tht lol? If any1 can help me out I'm currently trying to setup my quantum board light.

3000k and 3500k are single digit percentage percentage differences between red and blue from each. Either works great as a complete cycle light. I've seen plenty of 4k grows to do well too.

A cheap wriststrap (or a wrap of bare wire around the wrist) connected to ground is all one needs. While I know what I would use (if my actual ground rod, in the ground, was not available); I'd advise others to connect it to a copper/metal water pipe as one does when you need an electrical ground (for an electrical appliance) but your electrical outlets don't (hint) have one and you need to update an outlet to have one.
But to tell you the truth, unless the humidity is so low I'm sparking all over the house I don't ground myself. I, by the way, refurbish laptops as a hobby (rarely grounded even when installing RAM, swapping i5 for i7's or replacing MB's) and (perhaps foolishly) just wore anti-static gloves (well, kind of did; there were on the bench) when building my QB's.

I'm wondering about this.....
If I have a 320 Meanwell driver
and I have the option of driving 2 or 3 QB 288 boards
Is one option more advantageous than the other? and why?

I'm leaning towards the 320XL if only because it has a third board

h

320 - ??

CC or CV ?

Back
Top Bottom