Quantum board question

Hdinkleman

hey so i have another post where im trying to grow lb plant, but question is this—-

my hlg 240 is currently running at approx 50% power( 200ish watts)
its causing the tent heat to be around 77-78 F
is the ultimate end all be all PAR and PPFD?
will i get the same results running the board at 10-20% (and the tent being cooler) and putting the light closer to the plant, rather than at 50% ( and the tent being hotter) but raising the light up further from the canopy?
i understand the closer the light is, the less overall footprint of the light is, but im only growing one plant.
so basically my question is, will i get same results running the lights at a lower power closer to the plants canopy so i can maintain a cooler tent temperature?

Cannabis grows nicely at 78F, don't sweat it.
im getting a few taco leaves on the two uppermost node leafs which i believed was a sign of heat stress?
its 79.7 F on a therm i have hanging on the side of the tent 5” higher than the leaf canopy
i thought lower temps was good for flowering?
if i push the board any higher than 50% we are talking temps higher than 80 and i have low humidity anyways even with a humidifier on
so basically my question is, will i get same results running the lights at a lower power closer to the plants canopy so i can maintain a cooler tent temperature? does it matter at all how intense the light is or is the par/ppfd the end all be all, so basically can i just put the board 10” away from the top of the canopy at 10% and have the same results as if i ran the board at 36” at 100%? ( figuratively speaking, just threw those two %’s and distances randomly)

I think something is wrong

78f is a great temp, I run my similar bds at 20-24" away at about full blast, no issues at all

I have a PAR meter and am around 300-450 depending on location

Do u have an actual PAR meter

you're getting 700 PPFD at the canopy @ 25 % power?
that doesn't sound right
how far away is the light?

this is 25% power at 24” according to the calculator

I think something is wrong

78f is a great temp, I run my similar bds at 20-24" away at about full blast, no issues at all

I have a PAR meter and am around 300-450 depending on location

Do u have an actual PAR meter

yes at full blast at 24” according to the calculator the ppfd is 881, so that sounds about right
im just trying to find out how to keep my temps lower than 80 F

yes at full blast at 24” according to the calculator the ppfd is 881, so that sounds about right
im just trying to find out how to keep my temps lower than 80 F
Why

77-82 is a good temp

Don't sacrifice light because yer afraid of a few degrees

I grow upwards of 88-90 in summer, no issues at all

Why

77-82 is a good temp

Don't sacrifice light because yer afraid of a few degrees

I grow upwards of 88-90 in summer, no issues at all
ok, as long as its ok during flowering its fine with me, im not worried about the temps now during veg, im just trying to plan ahead a little so i dont have a “oh fuck” moment when i start flowering and didnt prepare when i had a chance

my hlg 240 is currently running at approx 50% power( 200ish watts)

Are you reference to the Driver here or the QB bds?

If driver, what is the full driver description and the boards yer using

Are u plugging in the driver to a watt meter to determine actual watts pulling from the wall

Back
Top Bottom