Question about ballast cord

Martins G

420 Member
Hello.
Maybe this will be abit stupid question but I have to ask it.
I have Lumii digital ballast but dont have cord from ballast to lamp. So i decided to make one.
There are letters N and L and designation of grounding (like cristmas tree) on ballast output cord. So is there difference where i connect N and L wires to e40 socket? And do i need to put that grounding wire too (I have no grounding at my house at all)?
Oh god :smokin: english is not my first language. Hope you will understand what I want from you :thanks:

Hello.
Maybe this will be abit stupid question but I have to ask it.
I have Lumii digital ballast but dont have cord from ballast to lamp. So i decided to make one.
There are letters N and L and designation of grounding (like cristmas tree) on ballast output cord. So is there difference where i connect N and L wires to e40 socket? And do i need to put that grounding wire too (I have no grounding at my house at all)?
Oh god :smokin: english is not my first language. Hope you will understand what I want from you :thanks:

Martins G... Hi there! The question is absolutely NOT a stupid one... however, asking for electrical wiring advice from complete strangers on a web site might not be the best idea?? lol I do and have done ALL of my own house wiring and have done it as a side line for years but there is no way those types of questions can be answered without, at the very least, detailed photographs. A wrong interpretation or just a tiny little mistake and your house... even your life... could be gone faster than you can imagine! Stealthboat is 100% correct... grounding is extremely important! Good Luck. :peace:

So. There are Line (designation of L letter), Neutral (designation of N letter) and grounding (like christmas tree) wire out from ballast , is there any difference where i put L and N wires in bulb socket?

About grounding: I live in post Soviet country and there is no grounding at all in lot of houses here. Sad reality but true.

Back
Top Bottom