Question about different leaf shapes

What dictated the parents nature is more relevant to ops question . I ain’t mad at ya.
Space aliens is for a different day.
I’m not arguing that what created these traits was passed down through genetics.
I think your being a little obtuse, the guy got his answer and we all learned something that’s the point. Thanks 013 you do seem to have a good grasp on genetics.

I think the maturity of the plant is also a factor. First you get the cotyledons, then the single set, triples, Quince and thin onto the larger numbers with a bit more maturity. 5's & 7's are pretty common for me. I've grown Indica, Sativa, Auto, Hybrids, Fems and Regulars too. I've seen the 9 and 11 blade a couple few times and those numbers are usually on the older plants. I've only been growing for a few years now and that's been my experience. I'm sure the answer is Genetics and Maturity.

I think the maturity of the plant is also a factor. First you get the cotyledons, then the single set, triples, Quince and thin onto the larger numbers with a bit more maturity. 5's & 7's are pretty common for me. I've grown Indica, Sativa, Auto, Hybrids, Fems and Regulars too. I've seen the 9 and 11 blade a couple few times and those numbers are usually on the older plants. I've only been growing for a few years now and that's been my experience. I'm sure the answer is Genetics and Maturity.
Thank you @Agemon I think Ive lucked out this year.... I think most of the seeds i started are Indica. and looks like most of them are female

Super interesting!!

I'm on my second grow so I'm just tagging in to keep up with the post.
I have also noticed changes in the finger number throughout maturity. These are clones by the way. 4 sativa or i guess more accurate sativa dominant hybrid and 2 indica dom. The indica ladies seem to change leaf count more than sativa.
The "simple" answer Genetics. Ha
What's more simple than genetics. Lol
Happy growing my people!!!!!

Super interesting!!!

Super interesting!!

I'm on my second grow so I'm just tagging in to keep up with the post.
I have also noticed changes in the finger number throughout maturity. These are clones by the way. 4 sativa or i guess more accurate sativa dominant hybrid and 2 indica dom. The indica ladies seem to change leaf count more than sativa.
The "simple" answer Genetics. Ha
What's more simple than genetics. Lol
Happy growing my people!!!!!

Super interesting!!!

Your clones are as mature as the plant they are clipped from. New plant but starting at the same age as the parent. 6 months = 6 months.

I'm glad you pointed this out Agemon maybe I wasn't clear enough but that was my point with mine being clones. Stages of first growth will only mimic or more accurately "continue" the plant you took from so unless you can speak to the person who took the clones your guess is as good as anyone's on how the plants start to mature as far as clones. This is where LST has been a major factor in my current grow but there are many diff options for LST and many diff anticipated outcomes on clones. I.E. growth pattern leaf number and potency and resilience just to name a few. These girls are 'living creatures' and genetics are huge!!!
It's just that most of us myself included would need many hours in a classroom to get this "right"
That being said we have almost unlimited access to experience and wisdom on this site
Let's put that to work and not use up energy trying the end all be all strategy

That being said anyone with any info on lighting can find a post of mine and help me out if you have time it would be greatly appreciated. I'm only adding this here because I have questions in that post that actually tie in to amount of leaves produced and growth patterns and whether or not lighting is a factor.
Thanks my smokers and growers!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom