Question about distilled water

Cannalove420

If I use distilled water would I need to add cal mag for every watering? Or once a week? Also the picture below is some witches water I bought, would this be good to use through flowering stage? Thanks in advance you all have been great help through my journey to growing my own medicine

Attachments

• 217EA6ED-D814-4BE2-B5D9-8B935F42D156.jpeg
    217EA6ED-D814-4BE2-B5D9-8B935F42D156.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 49
Are you growing in soil, coco, or something else?
Sorry forgot to mention that. Growing in fox farm ocean forest with natures living soil mixed in the bottom 1/3 of a 1 gallon pot my well water is pretty hard at close to 300ppm so not sure if it would be better to use distilled or the tap water from the private well.

I would use the distilled in container grows just so the alkalinity of the well water does not drive your soil pH up over time. I would have no qualms using the well water on the outdoor garden in the ground, but not in a closed container.
Calmag should be kept handy since most plants need more than we can supply in a soil without locking out other nutrients. It used to be advised that if you are running distilled water, you will need calmag, and now in the LED era, we are hearing the same thing said about LED grows. Chances are you will need it, but because of the harm a magnesium buildup in soil can cause, I would not apply it every time until you see the need for it. I do add it as a preventative however in mid to late veg, and then several times thoughout flowering as I see the need on even one or two of the plants... then they all get it since I am in LED and using RO water predominantly.

I would use the distilled in container grows just so the alkalinity of the well water does not drive your soil pH up over time. I would have no qualms using the well water on the outdoor garden in the ground, but not in a closed container.
Calmag should be kept handy since most plants need more than we can supply in a soil without locking out other nutrients. It used to be advised that if you are running distilled water, you will need calmag, and now in the LED era, we are hearing the same thing said about LED grows. Chances are you will need it, but because of the harm a magnesium buildup in soil can cause, I would not apply it every time until you see the need for it. I do add it as a preventative however in mid to late veg, and then several times thoughout flowering as I see the need on even one or two of the plants... then they all get it since I am in LED and using RO water predominantly.
Should I use the witches water a couple weeks into flower and get a cal mag with no nitrogen or less or do you suggest I go ahead and use the witches water all the way through?

Should I use the witches water a couple weeks into flower and get a cal mag with no nitrogen or less or do you suggest I go ahead and use the witches water all the way through?
I have never used the witches water, but it looks like a good idea with the added iron. I would try it, and be very careful with the dosages.

Back
Top Bottom