Question about drug testing for military

FailingIdeals

Hi everybody I have a question regarding the drug testing for the military as well as the THC getting in my urine.

I was a chronic cannabis smoker for years and still have a valid recommendation from a doctor for medical use. I am joining the Army National Guard but after doing some research I knew that I have to be 100% clean before I go to MEPS because I DO NOT want to blow this. It's been 1 month since I smoked and I've read that the THC can be in your system up to 3 months depending on a lot of things (Weight, how much I smoked, Potency of the cannabis, My metabolism ect...)
I'm going to give it another 2 weeks before I test myself to see if its out of my urine. But since the THC is stored in my fat cells I'm worried that when I start running (Starting in 2 days) that the THC will get back into my urine and quitting for that 1 month will have been a waste of time... Does anybody know anything about this subject??? Also I'm worried that the Army will find out that I have a medical card for cannabis and it will disqualify me because I was a heavy user. I talked to my doctor and he said as long as I don't bring it up then they won't find out about it.. Is this true??? I told my recruiter that I never smoked marijuana in fear that they will not accept me because of the zero tolerance rule. I got a marijuana ticket in December of 2008 which disqualified me from the Marines, Army, Navy, and Air force because they do not have waivers for that anymore (They said that since the economy is bad people are running to the military and they are being more picky about who they choose). The Army National Guard is the only brand that accepts waivers right now and I really don't want to mess this up. If you can please give me information on this I would really really appreciate it.

:thanks: everybody

Exercise and a high fiber diet with metamucil will help get you cleaned out. Detox kits don't work so don't baother. THC is not water soluble which is why detox drinks don't work. ABout 3 days before your UA stop exercising and switch to a high fat red meat diet.
Check yourself the day before your UA. If its still coming up dirty use dillution the morning of the UA.
48 ounces of gatorade
pee 3 or 4 times
use midstream urine for collection cup

how long have you not been smoking, and how fit are you? metabolic rate? if you have a good metabolic rate, you should be clean in 2 weeks or less. Weed420 hit the nail on the head, definitely use that advice. if you haven't been smoking for a couple weeks or even twelve days I'd check to see if I was dirty or positve. Good luck.

Have to ask how this turned out.

I entered into the Beloved Corps and was smoking 2 days before. Some odd reason only the Navy and the Corps test you at MEPS.

I of course passed and was cursed to serve for 4 years, LOL.

On the other hand my son with his good morals admitted he smoked weed after he got in of course could not lie to save his own ass.

Got out on account of it.......a year after in.

I was a rotc cadet, for the testing I had stopped smoking perhaps a week or so before, but to keep it in mind that I was a small skinny kid, about 113 lbs and I was an avid swimmer so I was always over hydrating, which always raised eyebrows but with swimming records and my coach's notes it was easily overcome for the rotc physical although they did note that they took hair samples, I had an urine test

When I was in the Corps and stationed at Pendleton, we would make semi- regular runs to TJ and pick up some hard core script diuretics and keep them rolled up in our sleeves when the time to piss in the cup came around.Never once pissed hot and never quit getting high,either.Due to some of the rules and regs of this good site, I'm unable to mention the actual script,but it sounds exactly like the laser eye surgery procedure, although I'm not sure about the spelling. Rule of thumb was when the whiz quiz was mentioned in morning formation,immediately start slamming a gallon of water. Yes, a gallon. Piss 4-5 times before showing up to sickbay and then piss in the cup. Probably pure water by now, but the Docs' were watching and all was squared away. Back then, they weren't looking too hard for masking agents(86-90) AND WHEN IN A PINCH,TOILET WATER ACTUALLY DID WORK, IF YOU HAD THE BALLS TO PULL IT OFF. Happened to me leaving Thailand one time, and Thailand being Thailand, the first thing a bunch of us 0311's did was look for weed. You remember Thai-stick, don't ya? When it came time to leave,we all had to piss in the cup. Luckily for me, my platoon Sgt. was cool as hell and tough as nails, and he knew me well enough to know that I was probably breaking the rules. So he says to me,"You been smokin' that goood Thai weed 'dis time, dumbass?" I was scared and figured my balls were in the wringer, anyway, so I say" yeah Staff Sgt, I was." So he says,"Motherfucker,Scoop up some toilet water and pray for luck." So that's what I did. Guess what? I passed.Aced the whiz quiz once again. Things may be different now, so be careful and good luck. Also don't ever offer up any info. and lie if you have to. What thy don't know ain't gonna hurt 'em.

I remember going through all this before I joinend the Army 2 years ago. To answer the MEPs questions make sure you are definatly 100% clean no ands or buts. If you truely want to get in bad make sure you clean for atleast 30 days. All in all it comes down to your weight, body fat % and how often you smoke like others have said in past posts and threads. You can speed up this process up though. #1 rule of thumb stay hydrated all day everyday, this is just good for you even if your not trying to clean yourself out. #2 a good multi-vitamin accompanied with a good diet meaning lots of fruits and veges. #3 exercise, point blank if your trying to get in the military especially the marines or army start running 3 times and week and a good abs and upper body work out. Since THC is fat soliable working out will help burn them up faster and also get you more prepared for basic training so you will also be ahead of the game.

To add my peronal experience I was a pretty small guy when I joined weighing around 125lbs and 5'8", high metabalisim and little body fat. I smoked everyday for around 3 years. I cleaned myself out in around 21-28 days roughly before MEPs. Comes down to dedication and sticking to a plan and also time, thats a huge factor, the more time you got the better your chances!

I'm joining the army and will being going to MEPS on the 28th. I stopped smoking on the 8th of this month and I have never been a heavy smoker. I'm 5'6" fairly fast metabolism, pretty active, and little body fat. I took a home drug test and passed it but I don't want to take any chances with this at all. I've been jogging a lot lately and working out more than I had been as THC gets stored in your fat cells. I plan to do the Clean Slate 2 day detox pills before my drug test. Any advice that will help me out? (besides that I should have stopped sooner)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using 420

Back
Top Bottom