Question about feeding

Cabeza

Hi Everyone,

Im about feed my plant for the first time. But im confused with the instructions in the pacakging.

I'm using Guerrilla Juice (NPK 5-1-5), and growing outdoors in soil/perlite. The instructions say to dilute 10 ml of the juice into 1 litre of water, and to water the plant with this solution once a week. Question is, does this mean to use 10 ml of juice for EVERY 1 litre of water? I am giving the plant way more that 1 Litre of water in waterings. Or should I water normally, and in the end water one last litre with nutrients?

Thank you, I hope I get an answer today as she is getting thirsty.

does this mean to use 10 ml of juice for EVERY 1 litre of water?

Yes. It’s the strength of the solution that you’re concerned about. Then after that the aim is to saturate the pot with that solution.
Don’t feed a dry pot- water everything beforehand so the medium is evenly moist, then feed. If you figure it takes x number of litres of water to saturate the pot then mix up that many litres, at 10ml per litre.

But. It’s common for people to try feeding 1/2 strength or even less first, & see how that goes, before working up to max strength. Maybe try 5ml/litre or less and then scale up depending how things look.

Yes. It’s the strength of the solution that you’re concerned about. Then after that the aim is to saturate the pot with that solution.
Don’t feed a dry pot*- water everything beforehand so the medium is evenly moist, then feed. If you figure it takes x number of litres of water to saturate the pot then mix up that many litres, at 10ml per litre.

But. It’s common for people to try feeding 1/2 strength or even less first, & see how that goes, before working up to max strength. Maybe try 5ml/litre or less and then scale up depending how things look.

*edit. Maybe this is a little less true for coco as opposed to soil. In any case- just make sure you’ve saturated the medium fully.

Thank you.

Yes, on the last watering, 10 days ago, I watered normally and then I added just one litre of water with a 10lm of the juice.

I just watered again to wet the soil, and then I gave it 4 litres with nutrients, and let it run off a little.

Back
Top Bottom