Question about fertilizing with fish

Duesouth

Hi I heard organically added fish extractments to the soil can help produce growth in the flowering process. I could give this a try, cause I have some left over fish guts I've kept in a bag. My question is, how do you add it to the soil in a pot? Do I grind up the fish and lather it in the top of the soil in the pot? I wouldn't want to disrupt the plant too much.. Any insight to this?

You have to compost your fish guts before adding them to your plants.

You can add fish poo directly to your water, but not the actual fish guts. (Squeeze them out?)

If you grow outdoors and bury the fish guts deep enough, they will get processed by the soil organisms before the roots hit them.

It would take a really long time for the fish to break down into usable elements for the plant and would attract unwanted pest.
If you're looking for a bio fish product Biobizz Fish mix is a great product. It will not make you buds smell or taste fishy well unless you use it as a foliage spray. Or if you really want to use dead fish guts you will need to prepare the compost at least 6 months before hand if not longer. I heard some people use fish tank water during the entire cycle but again with mixed result.

Back
Top Bottom