Question about first cabinet build

Charon Krell

im looking to build my first grow cabinet haveing just read stratlogics nice guide. Now i need to find a site online where i can order some good lighting or i need to know about some places in northern alberta that sell them.

im planing on building my cabinet 1.5' deep and 4' wide, hight ill work out once iv got my lights and 5 gallon buckets.

I plan on trying to grow 2 soma rock buds and 4 soma kahunas with it. (if i can fit that many)

and Last but not least the current budget and Carbon filters.
The carbonfilter is the most important thing for me since stealth is peramount
so what my best bet to get a good working hopefully cheap one. I cannot have this fail as my rooms are jehovahs.

the budget for dec 2008 spending is 200$ so ill probobly only set up the hydro buckets and main cabinet body this month.

thanks for help sorry if i post with an odd structure.

thanks for the help damango man.

but now im wondering if ballast and light are proprietary
you know say i buy one companys hid ballast, then would i have to buy there light and other stuff to set it up. or are some companys like that and some not?

Whatsup Charon. Welcome aboard. From my experience I don't believe ballast/bulb are proprietary. In fact, I'm somewhat certain that the bulb sockets are standardized. I say this becuase I had a bulb crap out on me so I bought a Hortilux bulb and am now using it with an old HPS ballast and have had no problems. However, it is very important that you don't use a MH bulb with a HPS ballast and verse visa unless you have a switchable ballast. If budget is pretty tight you can grow with CFLs all the way for pretty cheap and have good results. (Someone please help me out with the name of the dude who pulled that off. It was sweet and hombre deserves some credit)

Wait!?! Your roommates are Johovahs? You might need to pick up some gorilla tape too. (j/k. Nothing but love)

I think the guy Stratlogic is thinking of is Boss, the CFL King...

Boss's Poor Mans Grow

I'm taking his example, too! :ganjamon:

Pot gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no pot...

No plans stratlogic I read your build and that’s really all I need, plagiarism is the most sincere form of flattery. (Just alter the dimensions as needed)

Also I am not going to bother with that type of light any more, I got a hold of my grow partner today (no easy feat when there so far north that there’s only 5 hours of sunlight) and he told me the bill he used to run with a single 400 watt so I couldn’t hide that power expenditure, so im gona go with the Led UFO or those Led panel things till I can reverse engineer them and make my own.

IV got about 60-100 plants already planted a week growing under 4 flouresnt tubes and 2 CFLs (a large one and standard one)

And to the Jehovah’s well the church has already protected with super indoctrination against every thing I throw at them, like the fact that the whole thing is originally based of inch measurement of the internal chambers of the great pyramid that predicts the rise and fall of humanity and that the founder is buried under a 12 ton pyramid that cultist dance around every Halloween. The high ups out class Hitler in brain washing.

O ya im also useing greg greens grow bible as a reference guide so im not utterly lost.

Back
Top Bottom