Question about Flushing

George Mc

I've read a lot of stuff on flushing plants but I don't remember reading anyting about how often you should flush the plant. I'm growing in soil so I know I should do it a week or two before Harvest but does that mean flush everyday? Or when the soil dries out? I am growing in 5-gallon pots.

Flushing tends to mean putting a considerable amount more water through your plant than a typical watering. And no more nutes between flush and harvest. You can also use a flushing agent which would be recommended but not needed. Me personally I water around 1 litre normally but flushing means 5-6 litres.

I grow in soil and I've got a White Widow Auto currently at the almost harvest stage. A week ago I did 5L with 2L flushing agent. Since then I've watered the regular amount (1L per watering). Tomorrow I'll give her the second flush which will either be 5-6L plain water or I might add some flushing agent to 2 of those litres. After that I'm not sure if I'll let her dry out and harvest or give her one more regular watering (1L) and then harvest.

Me I just use plain water. Well, a 50/50 combination of rain and tap water. For some reason both mine are pH 7.0 but that's close enough for me. What's your pH usually at?

I just checked my pH of my well water and it is 7.0. I use well water to water my plants after I PH it down to 6.5. It would make life a lot easier if I could just use 7.0 tap water while Flushing.

I flush with pH 7.0 water and haven't had a problem. It's water for flushing so she'll be chopped in 7-10 days which should be short enough of a time period for few issues to develop if any. If you are worried about it I'd personally put through say 4 litres of 7.0 water then put through another 1-2 litres that have been pH'd so your plants sit with the final pH corrected water. There shouldn't be a need to pH all of it because it'll all go straight through and get flushed straight out so only the last litre or two should make a difference (unless your water pH is like 2+ points off or something excessive).

Back
Top Bottom