Question about harvest timing

zBRiCKz

So I've been watching my Autoflower OG Kush from Dinafem very closely. Today is day 42 from seed, the plants growth was stunted earlier in its life so it only made it to 12"s tall. It's been 12"s for about 10 days now. The buds began forming about day 21.

The buds are coated in thick layers of trichomes, when examined under 100x zoom, the trichomes appear to be 90% cloudy 10% clear. I know that cloudy trichomes means the thc is at its maximum inside the trichomes. But I am completely torn at whether or not to harvest it soon.

The hairs are 95% white still, only a few have turned brown. Should i consider harvesting this weekend? I'll check the trichomes again of course, but is it harmful to harvest before hairs are fully brown?

I haven't heard of a plant being ready in 42 days from seeds before. I don't grow autos- but I rarely have plants that are much less than 80 days just in flowering. The young age along with all the white hairs would seem to say- wait longer and keep paying attention.

42 days seems way too fast. Even the fastest advertise 60+

If you're at 90% cloudy it's good to harvest. My eyes have a hard time telling cloudy/clear apart, and I'd wait until I see about 10% Amber. Once the Amber trichromes start coming, they're ready.

My biggest concern is the fact that growth was stunted. It lost two weeks of vertical growth and began flowering because nutes were overpowering with phosphorus. The trichomes are in fact mostly cloudy. I guess I'll go ahead and give it another two weeks atleast. If it starts showing Amber I'm gonna have to cut it down though.

My biggest concern is the fact that growth was stunted. It lost two weeks of vertical growth and began flowering because nutes were overpowering with phosphorus. The trichomes are in fact mostly cloudy. I guess I'll go ahead and give it another two weeks atleast. If it starts showing Amber I'm gonna have to cut it down though.

Autoflower life cycle has a lot of useful info on how they grow. If you swapped to flowering nutes early it's possible it'll finish early. 6 weeks from seed just sounds too good to be true.

During my first grow I had one of my three autoflowers stretch and start flowering a couple weeks later than the others. It then matured faster than the other two plants and ended up at 75% Amber while the other two were at 30% and 50%. So it's very possible your plant flowered and matured quicker. If it's 90% cloudy, start flushing if you plan to and harvest next week.

autoflowers will actually have a shorter life cycle if flowering nutes are introduced at first signs of flowering. You're suppose to continue for two weeks after pre flowering with veg nutes. I ran into a phosphorus deficiency and had to introduce bloom nutes sooner than anticipated. I still don't think it would push harvest back this far but I do know that autoflowers can be controlled +/- 10 days

I'm gonna go ahead and start the flush and see how they look next weekend (after this weekend).

Back
Top Bottom