Question about hermies

yang_city

so say i take a clone from a plant that turned hermie because of stress, not a genetic hermie. would the clone become a hermie to even if u better the conditions that caused the first hermie. or will that be a regular female?

Herby said:
Once a plant herms, the hormones go into a weird flux then changes state.
Every clipping taken will herm to some extent, this is why its important to select a plant with stable genetics. Sorry to say but its now a trash plant and is nolonger worth the effort.

Totally false. When a plant becomes hermaphroditic from stress, it's hormones do not go into a "weird flux" and change state. The clones of this plant will not show herm traits if it's not stressed or unless it has a herm gene to begin with. The genes of any species remain the same within a plant for it's entire life. Any clones of this plant are identical throughout it's life, also, because essentially it's the very same plant. Gene changes happen at the seed level. Any female plant can be forced to produce flowers, even a feminized girl. Just because it was forced to flower doesn't mean it suddenly has hermie genes. It doesn't work that way. No flaming intended, Herbie. Just setting the facts straight :smokin:

i'm seeing some varied answers but gbs answer makes sense to me. hopefully someone can clear it up, but i guess the only way to know for sure is to try it. I just didn't want to waste my time with a plant that would turn turn hermie.

hmmm... well this is just my guess here... but a clone is not just identical genetics to the mother plant - a clipping IS a piece of the mother... So, if the mother plant was already showing hermi flowers when the clippings were taken.. they will be in the same hormonal/chemical/biological state as the plant they were taken from - already hermi's.

Now - take those clippings, and put them back into veg for a good while before flowering and you may be okay if the environment is dialed in correctly, but..... the hermi gene is still going to be present....

Peace
MC

:smokin: More info and debate the better I say!

Herby - it's interesting that you should mention the seeds from feminized plants.. Our grow partner just harvested a FemaleSeeds.nl White Widow & Grapefruit plant - each had 1 seed on them, and there were no males, or (other) hermi's in the room. It was our first time trying Female/feminized Seeds too....

Once that hermi gene gets in the pool, it's there to stay... (in my un-educated opinion..lol..)

Peace
MC

This doesnt sound good for me. I crossed a hermed Early Misty with a female Purple Power and used the seeds from that plant on this grow. What troubles should i look forward to?

A clone is NOT a "baby" of a "mother" plant.
It is the same plant as the donor. Not merely indentical, but part of the same plant.
So if you take a cutting off a herm., the cutting will be a herm. also.

This doesnt sound good for me. I crossed a hermed Early Misty with a female Purple Power and used the seeds from that plant on this grow. What troubles should i look forward to?

Maybe none... but the same conditions that caused the Early Misty to herm may cause it's offspring to be suceptable. Just keep an eye out, and try not to stress them too much...

Oh, and I wouldn't use them for breeding either... the hermi gene will get passed along....

Peace
MC

My exp:
when I first setup this farm, 3 yrs ago, I had a bunch of StressHermies.
Lack of water, High temps, root bound in 18oz. cups..so on and so forth.
I never used the seed from the hermies themselfs but did use them to pollinate the flower farm. Not on purpose at first, but later after talkin' and readin' a bit.
Out of a few dozen seedlings from this batch of seed, I have yet to get a hermie. Did get a male that may have produced some female parts but got whacked before it had the chance and/or I looked too close.
Of course my culling skills lead to about 1-2% of the Darlin's on the flower farm being male, this could also be why I have never seen any hermies from this batch of seed. They looked male and got culled :)

A clone from a StressHermie, I would think it would have a very high chance of being Hermie. MHO :)

Need help doing my head in.think I hav a hermi never had 1 befor so I dnt knw.I hav two clones Frm two mothers both the same strain (unknown) jus Frm sum sick pot I scored 1 day.now I'm about 4 weeks in to budding now 1 looks lik 100% female but the other 1 looks lik a girl but thn it has things tht look male to me (balls) I picked sum left some now thy all look different 1 has pistons 1 looks lik 1male ball with 1 piston n the other 1 looks lik a male flower open so plzzzzzz help in any way?????!!!! Because I dnt knw the true sex of this mother as I was sexing it my self to find out is it the mother? or is the clone stressd out?sld I keep the mother?sld I keep this clone?

A herim is a hermi every femaniezed plant has hermi genes not regular female but(Femaniezed )
Why
Because a female plant was either chemically
stress to produce male pollen that is going to be used to pollenate another female .i have made both types of seed to use for my self but have stop stressing and just use regular males
Please keep look there are some smart cookies out

Back
Top Bottom