Question about LST

MortalWombat

Strain is pre-98 bubba kush. She is an indica. She is a little over 2 weeks old. Journal for her is in my sig. I just fimmed her and plucked some fans leaves off of her a couple days ago and she is responding great! Now I am looking at starting some LST on her. Her stem is very thick so I took time 'massaging' her to get her to bend over a bit before tying her down using coat hanger wire. Now my question is once she starts taking to the LST will I be able to bend her over more and more without snapping her main stem? Here is a paint drawing of how she is tied down now.
4_3_16LST.png
Her stem is still very straight up and the bend is high and kind of extreme due her her thickness. I was planning to main-line her but after some research about her strain I decided to go this route. I am just wondering if I need to do some more supporting and tying to get her bent some more further down the stem towards the soil instead of so high? Or let her take to the LSTing then adjust her? Or is she fine the way she is until she gets bigger?

:thanks: in advance:420:!

:Namaste:

I was trying to add this and edit my post but wouldn't let me. So here ya go.

* but to answer your question I would personally say it is fine for now. Of course You can always experiment with your plant and tie em down further and further for the hope of more branches to shoot up.

As far as support goes for the plant.... As long as you have the main stem at the bottom tied down so it doesn't pull out and uproot you should be fine. The plants will sometimes even adjust to your LST tie downs and perk up within hours. Therefore tying down and adjusting frequently is a benefit in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I guess my main concern is snapping the main stem. Not sure if it is healthy or not. I know super cropping can be beneficial but I thought that was just with the branches. Would it be ok to sort of bend it over to where I want it with minimal as possible splitting on the main stem? As I said she is really thick and I dont think she is going to bend to parallel with the soil without some light to medium splitting (if done right). She is really healthy at this point so I am positive she would recover but I am trying to do this with as little time added on to my veg time and not sacrifice yield, but enhance it.

Beautiful..did you do some defoliating? Mine is so bushy im sure im going to have to in order to get the growth I want..

This is where im trying to go with it. A sort of JOG (Jungle of Green). In order to achieve this I am going to have to train the main stem down and get the entire plant parallel with the soil.

lstgoal.jpg

Snid, you lurking over on this side of the forums? Can you chime in? No pm's till 50 posts.. :lot-o-toke:

if you wanted to do the round pot method you could always get a plastic covered coat hanger and bend it to make the circle around the pot and train it directly onto hanger. I kinda did a dual mainline type of one. I gave her the "stick treatment"...

20151005_171946-1.jpg
20151005_172045-1.jpg
20151007_094209.jpg
2015-10-29-1423.jpg
2015-11-14-1514.jpg

if you wanted to do the round pot method you could always get a plastic covered coat hanger and bend it to make the circle around the pot and train it directly onto hanger. I kinda did a dual mainline type of one. I gave her the "stick treatment"...

That is a great idea..instead of having to keep bending her back over and tie her down every time she grows and using a crazy amount of wire hangars or garden staples. I may play with that idea over the next couple days..see how hard it will be to set up correctly. Do you by any chance have or know of any pictures using that specific technique?

By the way here is what I did with her last night..
20160403_220212.jpg
20160403_220144.jpg
20160403_220112.jpg

Lots of good advice here. My best advice would be to go over to any of Light Addicts thread(s), spend a half hour or a day, and read. Check out the great tutorials and journals. He's the master at LST and mainlining.

It'll be worth your time.

Looks good. All I do is LST, and supercropping, bending, breaking. It appears you may have started a bit early for me, for an auto. But, you'll do alright. Just give her some time to adjust.

Best wishes.

I've noticed (and this is only my first time doing LST and my personal experience) but I've noticed that after a while.... LST turns into NO stress Training

7001f86029c0bb64fd9367032e17c27f.jpg
1f3c9d9bac3518d6d61fb5d1d50885a1.jpg
d648dbf1311a5a9d68f451651131c124.jpg
c3f2eaec515f0654cf8da6bff0815fbf.jpg
5380f2d9143b5576c04b2313a2038e3c.jpg
260b5c06d690528e40223067a40ebe01.jpg
b4544629e5ddfe962e7ee485bf9045a1.jpg

Just my two cents .
I literally can bend my plants in any shape I want.

Sent from my iPhone using 420
What are you, some kinda bonsi master? Dude!

So, I am in no place to offer valuable information. I'm in the midst of my first grow. But, I can speak on my experience thus far.
I started low stress training at about 6 weeks (I think), and I did it just like your diagram. It was going well, but I was having a hard time looking her over at some point and released her. I let her continue to grow up and out into about 3 weeks into flower. Thats when I noticed I could use more of a wagon wheel approach to LST her. It was easier to do this time around too. I did get a little to rough and split her stem a bit, but I was able to fix her up and shes not shown any signs of stress from it.

Ive got a thread, Howdy from the newbie, where you can see all my eff ups and rebounds.

20210110_115237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom