Question about making Fem seeds: colloidal silver

i8MyShirt

420 Member
Can you take a feminized clone or plant and spray it with colloidal silver to make ur male and then pollinate a feminized plant?
I've read and watched videos on this and I'm still unsure of this. I have a good 30 plants going rn and would like to have to stop buying seeds, even cross pollinate. But all are fem and not sure if you have to use a female from a REGULAR seed

Of course you can, as well as STS

Lots of info in how to do it

Basically start spraying two weeks before flip, spray everyday untill pollen sack appear

Usually takes about 4-5 weeks to see male parts

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Have you used this method to create your own fem seeds before? I've very aware how the process is done, but wondering if you have any other tips? I've never done it before and most info on this never goes past when to stop spraying your little seed Santa.

I used CS and no results, but many have had good results
I've had better results with STS, and u spray less often

Both or not good to smoke, so be sure the branches u spray u mark so u don't smoke them

Like I said, stop spraying when u see the male sacks forming.

If yer Wondering about actually breeding and how to pollinate...that's another rabbit hole entirely.... Good info for you to read up on for sure

I may look into STS because honestly this is the first time I'm hearing about it. I did a quick search and the first result covered way more info than doing hours of research on CS. Just wondering if you can make it yourself like CS and if the fem rate of the seeds is as high.
The thing is the 5 strains I'm growing I've never grown before, so I have no idea how "stubborn" they are with tricking them into growing male sacks.

I also have no idea how much finessing it takes for any method. A while back it took me a few tried just to learn how to clone successfully

Yes you can. I use STS (Silver ThioSulphate) instead of CS (Colloidal Silver) as it seems to be more effective, and require fewer applications. You can reverse the entire plant or just a branch. You cannot consume any part of a plant which has been sprayed with either CS or STS.

All seeds you creat with CS are STS are fem seeds

You can make CS

Google making fem seeds with STS and you will find links to exactly what to buy. Cost you like $50 but is enough to last year's

What I do is cut clones from what I think will be a great strain... If it is I'll revers a clone for seeds

You can also keep some of the fem pollen from reversing and pollinate a strain for a new cross... And thus making more fem seeds

I do a LOT OF Genetics... It's fun..takes time to reap the rewards of strains u create, but, you also don't need to buy seeds either

I used CS and no results, but many have had good results
I've had better results with STS, and u spray less often

Both or not good to smoke, so be sure the branches u spray u mark so u don't smoke them

Like I said, stop spraying when u see the male sacks forming.

If yer Wondering about actually breeding and how to pollinate...that's another rabbit hole entirely.... Good info for you to read up on for sure
After you succeed in making male type flowers on a female plant, shake or otherwise get pollen from that plant onto ordinary female plant flowers. Those flowers will produce seeds that when sown will make 100%, only, female plants.

Back
Top Bottom