Question about making tinctures with alcohol

Annex420

So after hours of reading and watching videos, I see many Tinctures are made with 150 - 180 proof alcohol. Which i'd think would be very strong I read about a women who used 180 proof and she said it burn her lips and in her mouth briefly. Also even tho people only use a few drops my thoughts are how do you know its the CBD doing its magic and your not just on a light drunk from 180 proof alcohol? Sounds dumb I know but I'm still learning, I just think using this grade of alcohol would be doing more harm to the body then good. I also read you can use olive oil and stuff but that it don't absorb as good. Could you make a tincture with normal 40% vodka?

So after hours of reading and watching videos, I see many Tinctures are made with 150 - 180 proof alcohol. Which i'd think would be very strong I read about a women who used 180 proof and she said it burn her lips and in her mouth briefly. Also even tho people only use a few drops my thoughts are how do you know its the CBD doing its magic and your not just on a light drunk from 180 proof alcohol? Sounds dumb I know but I'm still learning, I just think using this grade of alcohol would be doing more harm to the body then good. I also read you can use olive oil and stuff but that it don't absorb as good. Could you make a tincture with normal 40% vodka?

I am by no means an expert but what your trying to do is "strip" the resins (the good stuff) from the plant and use in your tincture. Some oils like coconut & glycerin will do this and 180 will definitely do this but I think the using 40% is going to leave a lot of the "good stuff" behind. it's like trying to strip paint with water down paint stripper!

Delta 9 thc - subliminal
Delta 11 thc - ingesting
Delta 9 starts 15-45 mins
Delta 11 mimics a brownie... about 90 min

Alcohol is one of the best solvents. Yes you don't want to put it undiluted in your mouth. It will burn and maybe damage your mouth tissue. I take a shot glass and put a dropper or 2 of tincture into it. Then fill it up with water and chow down. This is the best way. Or you could put some in a tropical drink. But it will be stronger in a shot glass of water.

And don't worry about the alcohol. My tincture only takes less than a 1/4 of a teaspoon and you're in a better world.

Sound's like alcohol wasn't completely removed during cooking process. Usually caused by low temp during reduction. Temperature should be just high enough to boil alcohol only. And should be reduced until boiling stops. At that point all alcohol has been removed. If drops are to thick add a little sterilized water.

Back
Top Bottom