Question About Medical Marijuana

sLiCe

Hope i'm not re-presenting an old question, i looked around and didnt see it. So if it's a commonly asked question delete this post, but here it is:

If you have a doctors prescription, and you apply for a job, can they still not hire you if you fail the drug test? (if only THC is in your system)

sLiCe said:
Hope i'm not re-presenting an old question, i looked around and didnt see it. So if it's a commonly asked question delete this post, but here it is:

If you have a doctors prescription, and you apply for a job, can they still not hire you if you fail the drug test? (if only THC is in your system)

If you have a recommendation (different then a prescription, it's illegal for doctors to prescribe it, they can only recommend it) from a Dr. and have to get drug tested, if you present your paperwork to the testing company, they must withold any THC results that do appear. Something like this was asked a loooong time ago so I'm not surprised you couldn't find it... PurpleMonkey and I discussed it for a while...

SptyOty said:
If you have a recommendation (different then a prescription, it's illegal for doctors to prescribe it, they can only recommend it) from a Dr. and have to get drug tested, if you present your paperwork to the testing company, they must withold any THC results that do appear.

being a oregon card holder and a little upto date on the laws conserning drug testing i have to disagree with your statement....most employers are at will employers and wont hire you if you have THC in your system doctors recomandation or not.......the drug test'n company's in oregon do not with hold this info from employers....

perhapes i bit more research is needed before giving out advice

sLiCe said:
So technically the company doesnt even have to know that you smoke (with reccomendation) only the testing facility?
Yes :smokin3:

...at least in cali... Bitches.

when you

take the drug test all will be reported nothing left out, it's up to your employer if they want to hire you......

MMJ is at state level only and still against the federal law to use

if you dont want people to know you a card do like i do....dont tell them and keep a bottle of "clear choise" on hand at all time......

does that make better since? the drug testing company reports all finding no matter what kind of card you have.....

you can google up the laws on this....try a search of omma or norm

This is a trickey question. I've done exgensive research on this myself, and even then, the answer is a little fuzzy. Here's what I have found though. If, during any drug test for a compnay, you have medical reasons for contraband to be found in your system, the testing company must withhold that information from the company you are testing for. THis is in place because many people take steriods, or vicodine, or other drugs due to medical needs.
HOwever, because marijuana is not a PRESCRIBED medication, but a recomended medication, it puts the drug into a hazey section. WHile you are more protected from the law while you are ALREADY employed, NEW employees might not have the same legal coverage or options as someone who is already hired.
Your best bet would be to contact the testing facility by phone, and ask them directly (but dont give them any personal info just in case!!!)
Good lucki, and let us know what you find out.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom