Question about Miracle Grow

gato

Hello to everyone...have not been around much. Been busy gardening (tomato and peppers etc). Hope everyone is staying safe and well from the virus.

Cannot afford to buy other than Miracle Grow potting soil. Found my homemade nutrients are too strong for the pot plants and too difficult for me to calculate well, but my tomato plants are loving it.

I'm starting in pretty small pots, then couple gal. or so ones for veg phase, (have to flower early for size control). Then upping to a 5gl for flower stage. I will have to cut down the 5gl pot to about 3gl or so for space consideration. Was wondering if others using or used Miracle Grow can tell me about how long should I expect the nutrients in a 1 1/2 gal pot to last and before needing to re-pot?

Thanks for any info you can give and stay as safe as you can.

i wouldn't constantly change the pot, stresses the plant out to much.
@InTheShed might be able to give you some pointers on MG. It is a hot potting mix and for the beginign stages it will cause nitrogin burns and such.

I'm not sure that MG soil (with the time release nutrients) will provide a flowering cannabis plant all it needs for every stage of growth, so you may see deficiencies from early in flower. In terms of how long the soil will last, that will depend on how long you veg for. Since MG is designed for flowering plants generally, figure the lifespan of a flowering plant!

Use your 5 gal pots or you will have deficiencies. Miracle grow.... there's no miracles in gardening just sayin and also owned by Monsanto/Bayer <spit>

Top dress with leaf mold - go into the woods with a bucket and collect it, top dress the FREE leaf mold - there's your amendments/compost enough to get you to the finish line.

Use your 5 gal pots or you will have deficiencies. Miracle grow.... there's no miracles in gardening just sayin and also owned by Monsanto/Bayer <spit>

Top dress with leaf mold - go into the woods with a bucket and collect it, top dress the FREE leaf mold - there's your amendments/compost enough to get you to the finish line.
What if they have a severe mold allergy?

When you walk in the woods you get sick? I'm not following??

Leaf mold is a name given to leaf compost that litters the Forrest floor. This time of year its already mostly broken down into compost. Since its made from leaves we call it leaf mold.

Take a handful and sniff it... its soil. The good thing is its GREAT for plants and top dressing this material is one of the best things you can do for your plants and its free.

Here's what a wheel barrow of it looks like:

Nd9GcTsfOjG9edbMN1O44W6W5sJEbF9TLzoOagyUQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom