Question about resin collection

StonedNarwhal

This may be in the wrong forum, and if it is, I apologize in advance.

I use Marijuana for my soft-tissue sarcoma, as prescribed by my family physician. Just to clear all of this up beforehand.

Ok, so I have a glass beaker-style water pipe, and a 'spoon' pipe that I use to self-medicate. They have become insanely thick with resin. I don't mind smoking the resin, I do it all the time, but this time I find myself unable to scrape or otherwise collect the resin to smoke it.

I was told by a dispensary clerk to use rubbing alcohol to basically melt it off the inside of the tools, and pour it into a glass saucer or some such, and set it onfire, and let the fire eat away the alcohol. He said what was left would be perfectly smokable lump of resin.

Is this true? Is it safe to do it that way? I live an hour from the dispensary and accessory shops, so if it doesn't work, can anyone suggest something I can buy legally over-the-counter to do the same job?

PS- I don't want to trash the resin, it's sorta my favorite part, watching it sizzle and all while I medicate. Heh.

Thanks in advance.

Narwhal

I use 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean my stuff. I dont like smoking it but it will clean it up. I have smoked the resin out of a regular pipe this way, but never a water pipe. Just remember, the sh!t is very flammable, if you are going to burn it off, make sure the dish you put it in can take the heat. I had a plate bust once doing it this way, then there was flaming alcohol on my floor. I will usually use a shallow pan and heat the alcohol then put my pipe in it, once you evaporate the alcohol, all you should have left is the resin. DO NOT do this over an open flame gas stove, use and element style to heat it, it can be dangerous, as you evaporate the alcohol the fumes are very combustible. Not sure the size of your pipe but the less alcohol you can use the better.

Back
Top Bottom