Question about seeds

No dispensaries where I live but in my limited experience checking out a few in Vancouver last time I was there- the workers in them barely had a clue what they were talking about. The bud was mostly mediocre and dry and all looked and smelled the same.

On the other hand growing our own makes us a bit snooty because in the old days mostly we just cared about getting some bud. Any bud, to start, was better than none.

On the other hand... I was a little surprised to see shiny expensive store fronts, full of products all in rows looking so professional, with people inside who didn’t know what a sativa was.
Lmao I totally know how you feel. I have been to dozens of dispensary's, cuz I find the deal I want before I go. So Ive dealt with hundreds of "budtenders" and only a few have been even knowledgeable and ONE was actually impressive. But other than that you basically have to tell them how to do their own job, 3/5 times at dispensary's the total isn't correct.
The few places ive found that sell clones seem kinda shady about it. Just a phone number and an address where it will be brought to your car. I will probably just get in contact with friends from hometown and make the drive out for some clones I know are safe.

Most people around here don't want flower anymore. Only extracts like live rosin. Even wax and shatter are looked at like poop. Flower is for old folks in the eyes of anyone under 40. Strange times
The pens are GREAT for convenience and budgeting and stuff, they have a lot of advantages. Especially for the light smokers. If you only smoke a few nights a month a few puffs a night than you could make 150$ last a year in cartridges.

But in my experience. You build a tolerance quickly. And my lady and I are both heavy smokers. We used those for a few months then one day a friend gave us a bag of dank tree, I rolled a fat blunt. And nothing. Didn't do a thing because we had been smoking cartridges left and right and our tolerances were crazy high. Same thing with moon rock. Had a place selling the stuff dirt cheap and it was strong AF at first. Then a month went by and we couldn't catch a buzz for even an hour.

The past year or so we have smoked nothing but flower and theres never been a "cant get high" period. Sure some strains are better than others, but overall flower is just the way to go IMO.

I would love a few detailed instructions on how to nuke them.

Theres one grower I can get a hold of w legendary GSC and hes OCD clean, but im a better safe than sorry guy myself.
imo put it in quarantine and spray or dip it with whatever flavor of pesticides your comfortable with. Treat it as if it's got bugs. Because it likely does. People who sell clones for a living usually are always battling bugs

No dispensaries where I live but in my limited experience checking out a few in Vancouver last time I was there- the workers in them barely had a clue what they were talking about. The bud was mostly mediocre and dry and all looked and smelled the same.

On the other hand growing our own makes us a bit snooty because in the old days mostly we just cared about getting some bud. Any bud, to start, was better than none.

On the other hand... I was a little surprised to see shiny expensive store fronts, full of products all in rows looking so professional, with people inside who didn’t know what a sativa was.

Either better luck for me or just because Oregon full of weed snobs ;) :rofl: :rofl: most of the "budtenders" I've met knew quite a bit or so it would seem with the clueless ones more of an exception, but then I'm not looking to treat a specific ailment and just wanting a more up Sativa kind of high so maybe I'm easier to cater to :rofl:

Bag seeds are fun to play with! I have quite the collection of bag seeds right now. Just remember you have to be okay with planting lots of them and killing off the males.
20F1D56D-6C57-4EDB-823C-D91277042D1B.jpeg

and that’s not all. I have 2 more little vials aswell.

I’d nuke those ‘safe clones’ for bugs no matter what.

I'm no longer taking clones EVER. Bad practice. Get seed grow your own.

I'm in the middle of culling a whole round due to hemp russet mites from a clone.

There's no way I'll ever do that again.

I dunked/nuked/ dunked in nukem/nuked again..... then culled.

I knew I'd get bugs but the Hemp Mites are the worst cant get rid of em.

The pens are GREAT for convenience .....

The past year or so we have smoked nothing but flower and theres never been a "cant get high" period. Sure some strains are better than others, but overall flower is just the way to go IMO.

This ^^^^ I will use a pen every once in a while but always smoke freshies cause I can. lol

Always get high af with freshie flowers. I'm thinking about rolling some freshies in a pile of keif and see what sticks lol

Bagseed is like a scratch off ticket. Are you gonna win big? Probably not, but could you? Sure. Honestly the first stuff I ever grew was Bagseed, I've bought stuff from a handful of different banks and breeders, nothing super pricy but proven varieties; my first Bagseed strain is still everyone's favorite. I spent hundreds of dollars and haven't gotten anything better than what I found by accident. Is it going to happen every time? No way. But it can.

The one thing everyone has complained about but no one mentioned is sexing a clone before you flower the plant. Once the plant is big enough you cut a small clone and throw it in a cup of water under 12/12 lighting, it will usually show sex within a few weeks, then you can cull or isolate your males. You don't have to waste a full veg cycle and part of flower to determine the sex.

totally agree with that! I won't take clones anymore. Not worth another bug infestation :laughtwo: Nope

The first and last clones I grew indoors were about 7 years ago. It took me almost two years to completely get the mites out of the grow and the rest of my gardens.

The next time I accepted some gift clones was a few years later. I couldn’t bring myself to put them indoors and ended up quarantining them in a little greenhouse at the nether regions of the property. They languished there barely alive till some do-gooder must have spotted them and the cops sent out an airplane to circle the area, along with some heros in uniform on ATVs who completely laid waste to them. :rofl:

The third and last time was about 6 or 8 months ago, someone gave me an Afghan. I put it in quarantine and sprayed it and sprayed it. Kept spraying it. After about a month of that it got some root problems and died. :laughtwo:

I
The first and last clones I grew indoors were about 7 years ago. It took me almost two years to completely get the mites out of the grow and the rest of my gardens.

The next time I accepted some gift clones was a few years later. I couldn’t bring myself to put them indoors and ended up quarantining them in a little greenhouse at the nether regions of the property. They languished there barely alive till some do-gooder must have spotted them and the cops sent out an airplane to circle the area, along with some heros in uniform on ATVs who completely laid waste to them. :rofl:

The third and last time was about 6 or 8 months ago, someone gave me an Afghan. I put it in quarantine and sprayed it and sprayed it. Kept spraying it. After about a month of that it got some root problems and died. :laughtwo:
Love your stories brother! Yeah I'm done with clones. I'm a seed junkie anyway :laughtwo: I really dig pheno hunting.
It's kinda like when I was young going to the bar chasing ladies. You never know what you might run into :rofl:

They languished there barely alive till some do-gooder must have spotted them and the cops sent out an airplane to circle the area, along with some heros in uniform on ATVs who completely laid waste to them. :rofl:

That will teach them damn mites. lol Burn em in a fire. Even better get someone else to do it for you.

The Perfect Solution = fire

I

Love your stories brother! Yeah I'm done with clones. I'm a seed junkie anyway :laughtwo: I really dig pheno hunting.
It's kinda like when I was young going to the bar chasing ladies. You never know what you might run into :rofl:

Gotta be careful you could bring home bugs. Just an observation.

Signed,

Itchy Mc Scratcherson

Back
Top Bottom