Question about size of hydroponic system

wingtip25

hi guys i am pretty new to the art of growing and have a question for you vets. I was wondering are the pots in my hydro system too close together and will they be able to grow tall?

11931.jpg

i dont really understand how to upload photos......this is the photo

I was gonna get the same thing for my "first" grow but it's cheap and not light proof. It should be more than good enough tho for basic plants/ plant starter. If you use hid lighting you will eventually get algae. Try it out and get a feel for hydro. I built my first system. Cheaper.

Hello wingtip25 ans welcome to 420magazine, Voltrom did you read a review or something that suggested that system wasn't light proof? even thou logic would say it should be black it might be thick enough to block or nearly block all the light out, good test to get some idea is to turn on your brightest light and look at the bottom of the bucket. If it isn't doing the job wrap the whole thing in black duct tape.

To answer your original question I would need to now more about your set up, what size area, what lighting etc... also a word of advise we love pictures on here, makes it easier to give more accuracy to our answers.

I can be here to guide you as much as i can mate so feel free to ask lots of questions.

You can see thru the plastic easily. It's just a tote with holes drilled in it. It will absolutely get algae if you use intense lighting. A little light will build up slime.

the thing is that alot of people like to use totes but if you use hid lighting the algae becomes a huge problem. I first started out using a 10 gallon black tote. It was obviously too thin and as clear as day when you hold it up to some light. Sure you'd think the dark blue would be good enough but that system that op posted is all from walmart. The tote. The air stones. The pump. I see it all the time when I'm at walmart. Those exact components. Tho you cannot find netpots at walmart you can easily get em other places..

Point being if you use this system you will wish you "invested" into something a bit more higher quality. If anything find an old ice chest cooler in your garage and drill holes for netcups. Not only is it much better at blocking light but you have an insulated res that doesn't get hot as the simple tote. I'd start my girls in this system then when their 10 inches or a foot of transfer into a 5gal bucket or a 5 gal cooler. (Ice cooler)

if you plan to harvest anything at all this is not the system for you. Grow lettuce instead.

I had a tomato plant that drank a gallon a day. Do you think that little tote would possibly work for a marijuanna plant?

Fair play the, some black duct tape maybe in order then or some paint?

Reflective aluminum tape works wonder. Very thin and light proof. Many people find out this is what they have to do when algae forms in the totes.

You tape the lid... Everything.

Back
Top Bottom