Question about sleep

Rafa90m

420 Member
Hi everyone,

I usually smoke weed right before bed time, but what happens to your sleep if you smoke it earlier in the day? And do you feel any differences in sleep quality during t-break if you smoke during the day?

I smoke all day. My sleep is honestly not great, I usually sleep in 3 3hr segments in a full 24 hours, but my work allows this.
I usually have to smoke as soon as I wake up or I start getting anxious.
I find that if I smoke earlier in the day but not later at night my sleep is much better, and I might manage to have a dream actually. Dreams, for the most part, disappear for most people when they smoke before bed daily.
I don't take t-breaks, but if you can find a nice hybrid or sativa try that during the day then don't smoke at night and you should have great sleep.

You could also try taking just CBD in a tincture or edible before bed and you'll probably sleep like a baby.

I was smoking a gram every day before bed, until my tolerance got higher and higher, then I came to a point that if I didn't smoke at least 2+ grams I couldn't sleep anymore, and so I went for a 14 day break. The first 3 nights of the break sucked really bad and I lost 3 nights of sleep. After that I was ok. Now I'm wondering if it's better to just smoke during the day recreationally, and at night only when insomnia hits.

Also I was wondering if it's actually healthy to supress my REM sleep every night.

I think the right question would be : based on your experience, how long before bedtime can you smoke without affecting your sleep?

Everyone’s endocannabinoid system is different, meaning ganja and all of its compounds effect everyone differently. I love smoking before bedtime and I get great sleep with vivid dreams from time to the time...but that might not be the case for you and several others as well because that’s just how Mary Jane effects your cannabinoid system. On the flip side I do not like to wake n bake.. I need to wake up, start moving, and get my wits about me before I smoke or I end up not enjoying my high...most of the time. Haha Maybe you should try smoking in the day time, or have your last toke 3-4 hours before bedtime so that way your not medicated when you lay down. Now with all that said strains also play a significant role in this as well, because even I would have hard time sleeping if I smoked a joint of some Durban Poison (pure sativa) before bed time. If I smoke some kush or black domina (heavy indicas) I’m sleeping like a baby when I hit the pillow. These are all things to take into consideration, so I encourage you to play with your dosage, strains, and then monitor what times you smoke and see if you find a regimen that actually helps promote a more restful nights sleep.

Weed wakes me up, Sativas, indicas, hybrids...they all wake me up. I smoke every day before work and all throughout the day and then I probably smoke last time around 10 pm and fall asleep by midnight. Wake up at 6 am every morning and repeat.
I have the same experience, hard to keep my ADHD down lol. THC by itself is actually a pure stimulant, believe it or not. Those that go on a no-sleep smoking bender can actually develop "cannabis psychosis". I had it around this time last year, I was admitted to a psych ward for schizophrenic behavior, and my anxiety was so bad I was shaking. I was hearing voices and I thought my friends were talking to the feds. :rofl: fun to laugh about now but it was very scary.

quite the change of path lol

yes, I feel more great, going from a plant that grows, compared to all the Narcotic's, they had me on so much, did not know if I was coming or going. Finding all the great new strains, Hats off to the mad smart breeders, esp, Emerald Triangle, and Much Love to the Rainbow Family<<<>>>

got to say one thing for a poor man the Exact craft source, great way to make things you like little more option then Rosin press, felt great but, 1z and a couple wash's and come up with nice product , closed loop, no Butane to get me a new roof, lol. Just thought give the Colorado based company a 5 star for the diy guy, that does not want to use butane, or spend the bank, 530 something, 1 oz of sugar leaves return 3,5 or close, but the fun, of you growing all omri products, and then got your flowers, but I guy can eat only so much butter, I kind of want to do RSO, and capsule it, anyone used the turbo source and if so, any good ways to improve end product? any help will be much appreciated...<<<>>>

Hi everyone,

I usually smoke weed right before bed time, but what happens to your sleep if you smoke it earlier in the day? And do you feel any differences in sleep quality during t-break if you smoke during the day?
I am regular smoker before bed time and it's feel so good.

Everyone's system is different and cannabis is a wonder drug.
What works for me is 3 drops of strong Tincture several hours before bedtime then one to two hits of high CBD just before bed, current favorite is Honey Peach CBD which is 12% CBD and 9% THC.
This usually puts me out pretty good about 95% of the time.
Every once in awhile I may have to follow that up with 5mg of melatonin.

What works for you could be completely different.
Just need to experiment.

Nunyabiz good evening. Sorry for my ignorance. But was is 3 drops of tincture? Then the 2 hits of cbd. I didnt think the cbd oils sold here in ga had that amount of cbd and thc.

Nunyabiz good evening. Sorry for my ignorance. But was is 3 drops of tincture? Then the 2 hits of cbd. I didnt think the cbd oils sold here in ga had that amount of cbd and thc.
The Tincture I make myself, it's a syrupy alcohol Tincture that is quite potent.

And the CBD bud I grow myself.

I have a couple seeds coming, was supposed to be here today but no telling when they'll show up.
They are allegedly 23% THC and 18% CBD.
But I wont have a crop from those before about January 2021

I was smoking a gram every day before bed, until my tolerance got higher and higher, then I came to a point that if I didn't smoke at least 2+ grams I couldn't sleep anymore, and so I went for a 14 day break. The first 3 nights of the break sucked really bad and I lost 3 nights of sleep. After that I was ok. Now I'm wondering if it's better to just smoke during the day recreationally, and at night only when insomnia hits.

Also I was wondering if it's actually healthy to supress my REM sleep every night.

I think the right question would be : based on your experience, how long before bedtime can you smoke without affecting your sleep?
What are you smoking ? 2 grams ? That’s a lot of weed to go to sleep . Sounds like you need a different strain. Do you live near a dispensary? Lol closest one to me is oh 12 hours drive or more . Or do you have to settle ?

Back
Top Bottom