Question about soil - Opinions needed

funkadelic

Long story short my mum tried to grow some parsley but due to events it was forgotten about and died.

it was in some seery's multi purpose compost with added john innes, my cannabis plant is also using the same medium.

My question is can i now go ahead and use this soil to fill the pot i am transplanting to as i have ran out
would you advise for or against ??

Maybe its a silly question i don't know, imo i think it might even be beneficial. thanks in advance and happy smoking PEACE.

Depends what's in it for Nutrients and what kind of nutrients you are planning on using..... I m still pretty new at this game but from that I ve learned is with a composted growing medium you can go organic or synthetic. Check out pro mix hp, it's a quite common for growing in. Hope that helps bud!:thumb:

Personally, I think the texture of the soil is more important than the brand. You did say it was a compost.

You can rejuvenate used soil. Add 1/3 sand and 1/3 vermiculite or pearlite, then mix well by hand. Soil, and the cotyledon of a seed have enough nutrients to support a seedling for a bout a month. The soil should have a feel and odor of fresh soil, esp if the used soil is compost.

Personally, I think the texture of the soil is more important than the brand. You did say it was a compost.

You can rejuvenate used soil. Add 1/3 sand and 1/3 vermiculite or pearlite, then mix well by hand. Soil, and the cotyledon of a seed have enough nutrients to support a seedling for a bout a month. The soil should have a feel and odor of fresh soil, esp if the used soil is compost.
Hey AKgamma:Namaste: I just went through a bunch of seeds because I m sure my recycled soil was too hot. See I had to pull some hermies at the beginning of flower in my garden, so the soil was loaded with added nutrients. then used some of their dirt to start some seeds! Now I had a bunch germinate but soon died after transplant to soil from ye ol paper towel. I also heard about a product to break down the old roots as well.... Any thoughts on this would greatly be appreciated.:thanks:

Hey AKgamma:Namaste: I just went through a bunch of seeds because I m sure my recycled soil was too hot. See I had to pull some hermies at the beginning of flower in my garden, so the soil was loaded with added nutrients. then used some of their dirt to start some seeds! Now I had a bunch germinate but soon died after transplant to soil from ye ol paper towel. I also heard about a product to break down the old roots as well.... Any thoughts on this would greatly be appreciated.:thanks:

If you have to save the soil, I would do a flush, like you would if there were an overfed plant in the pot. Then dilute the soil with sand and vermiculite. You have to get the nute level down.

However, soil is cheap. You can get a small sack of starter soil at the store, which is easier to mess with. You can freshen the recycled soil using fresh soil/sand/vermiculite for larger plants.

Back
Top Bottom