Question about some seeds from a hermie

I actually just grew a plant from a hermie seed and sure as shit it became the same thing. Unfortunately I caught it too late and it knocked up my northern lights x big bud. I have also grown seeds that where in the bag of weed a buddy gave me and they ended up being hermie also. Im not messing with any more seeds that arent from a seed bank.

I actually just grew a plant from a hermie seed and sure as shit it became the same thing. Unfortunately I caught it too late and it knocked up my northern lights x big bud. I have also grown seeds that where in the bag of weed a buddy gave me and they ended up being hermie also. Im not messing with any more seeds that arent from a seed bank.

Thanks man! I thought that it was a little too good to be true. I will just let them go,they don't seem worth the effort or space.

I had a Hermie pollinate a crop of 8 good girls years ago, so kept the seeds due to it being a nice strain.
I probably get 2 or 3 Hermies per 10 seeds germed with a 90% female rate. Now I'm starting to deduce that it's probably because 2 or 3 out of every 10 seeds I germinate probably came from the original offending Hermie. The other 7 or 8 are from the other pollinated females, So im now guessing that Hermies throw mostly Hermie seeds. Bag seed doesn't necessarily mean Hermie seed, it depends what pollinated the flower.
I'm starting again, and through the great help of some awesome and learned people here, will restock myself with much better seed and rid myself of the random Hermies that I up until now merely tolerated.
Cheers n Peace

plant the seeds and get some "reverse" by dutch master. this product prevents male pollen sacs from forming. i am currently using it on thc bomb from bomb seeds. the plants were hermie right from the seeds i bought. however i currently have 2 of them in the flowering room. they are clones from a hermie. the last clones i grew had literally dozens of pollen sacs. currently i found a couple and pinched them off. i also had a hermie polinate some other strains about a year ago. i am germinating the seeds and will use reverse since it has worked so well on the thc bomb. assuming it continues to work, i will be in luck since i have a couple hundred seeds.

Personally I will refuse to grow bag seed anymore. I used to collect them now I chuck em in ditches! Hermi seed and bag seed (Usually caused by a mid-late flower hermi) will not only mess up your sesh if not discovered in time but can cause a lot of heart ache late in the grow.

Beans are cheap and easy to find. Save yourself 2-3 months of hard work just to get some meh seeds and start breeding proper seeds! Just IMHO anyways.

i threw some bag seed in my garden a couple of years ago and ended up with 2 beautiful girls that kept me happy for a year. you just never know!

Back
Top Bottom