Question about SSD

Dayrunner

Can anyone tell me if you have a prescription for MMJ, can you be dropped from social security disability for having it in your system; if it is legal in your state? I currently draw it and I feel that MMJ would be a huge help. Your input would be much appreciated. Thanks Again !! Dayrunner.

now this is somthing i would like to know to. im on ssa and ssi as well recive VA benifits. would like to know if having the priscription will mess that up

I am a disbled Teamster who recieves a SSDI after being run over. MMJ will not affect your check nor your right to services. The VA has modified their pain policy to allow MMJ positive results for patients using MMJ in states where legal. They used to stop treatment of those recieving opiod and other pain management treatments for positive Marijuana screens but no longer punish Vets for using legal MMJ for treatment.
Please keep us informed

+Rep Great question and always remember the only foolish questions are the ones not asked

I'm on SSI in California. In order to get certain prescriptions covered by insurance, I have to provide a urine sample. As far as I know, regardless of the fact that the California GOV provides the SSI money in my state, they still do not recognize licensed cannbis patients. I don't have the whole scoop on this though. I've always cleaned up before my uninalyses, so, I don't know what would happen if I turned up "dirty" and yet, faxed my licensing papers. I doubt they'd care, honestly.

I just talked to my dad. He's a retired disability evaluation analyst. He said that you won't be dropped from SSI for having any drugs or alcohol in your system, because it's never required in order to apply, and in followups, it's not procedure to test for that in such instance either.

As they still give out SSI to folks grandfathered in for drug and alcohol addiction,I don't think a positive weed test would be much of a problem.

It seems like every junkie in this region is on SSI. It must be killin' the local plasma center's business.

As they still give out SSI to folks grandfathered in for drug and alcohol addiction,I don't think a positive weed test would be much of a problem.

It seems like every crankster,crackhead,and junkie in this region is on SSI. It must be killin' the local plasma center's business.

Firestione slow your roll! I recieve Social Security as does Janie and many other hardworking Americans who have earned the benefit. While I realize there are scammers everywhere this does not give you the right to insinuate anyone on this forum recieving this benefit is "junked" up

Firestione slow your roll! I receive Social Security as does Janie and many other hardworking Americans who have earned the benefit. While I realize there are scammers everywhere this does not give you the right to insinuate anyone on this forum recieving this benefit is "junked" up

Well said Wingman. I definatly worked hard for my right to SSI, but I am fortunate to still be able to work, I'm sure my day will come that I will rely on SSI. after 3 bullets 2 in the chest and one in the Arm pit and a closed head injury from getting hit with something (i use the word something because I don't remember about a month of my life, but allthat is neither here nor there. I will not comment any further I don't want anyone feeling like there being ganged up on. RESPECT to all my fellow brothers and sisters.

I give piss tests / blood tests to nobody except my family Dr. for tests.
The VA and everybody else can get the results from my family Dr. and I let him know what info he can give away.

:peace:
WillyB

Back
Top Bottom