Question about temperature and humidity

snahtter

Hi,

I'm just starting out with indoor growing. At this moment one seed came up and i'm still waiting for the rest to pop up. So far so good.

The problem:
My temperature is very high. 40 degrees and higher. My humidity is around 10%. What can i do to improve this both? I have used plastic around the cups to increase the humidity. With plastic the humidity is around 80%, so that's good, but when the plant will be bigger I can't still keep using plastic. Tthere need to be another way.

Also how can I decrease the temperature? I thought about buying a fan to putt in the tent to let flow air to the top where it can be removed out of the tent.

My setup is a secret jardin ds60 60x60x150 cm and a 250 watt hps bulb for grow. For airflow I'm using 2 120 mm fans. one beneath and one in the top. There is also a smaller fan at the top. I have also a 400 watt bulb, but I think that is gonna be much too warm.

Tips are very welcome? Thx Hans

Also, how to upload fotos to the gallery? I can't find it. It would look nice to ad some pics in this topic.

Ok thank you guys.

I don't know exactly how I got the temp lower, but I think it was because I moved the fans more to the inside of the tent in the air tunnels of my tent.

Temp is 25 degrees, so far so good.
Humidity is around 35%. I found on one of the dutch grow sites how to make some kind of damper with a bottle, some water, some whet towels and a computer fan. So next week or so I will make this thing.
If the hps bulb is on for a long time I think it's around 30 degrees. Hopefully this will be lower when I install the Clipfan I have ordered.

I also ordered a filter and some tube. I'm still looking for a air pushing and extracting device. I found one on Organic Earth but I actually don't trust that site. I need a small device. My tent is just 60x60x150 cm.

Back
Top Bottom