Question about temperature & humidity during flowering

Eugor

During the day (lights on) my 4x4 grow tent keeps a temperature of 23c-24c(73f-75f) and around 45%-47% humidity.

However during the night, (lights off) the temperature drops to 18c-20c (64f-68f) and the humidity raises over 50%. Since I don't want mold I turn on a small space heater while the plants are sleeping. This raises the temperatures back to what they usually are during the day while keeping the humidity lower.

My question is this: Does the temperature of the grow tent being warm even when the lights are off and they are sleeping harm the flowering process in any way? Is it absolutely necessary to use a dehumidifier for this reason? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's a picture of my tent from last weekend :)

Btw they are currently in their 39th day of flowering ( 5 weeks)

Attachments

• tent.jpg
    tent.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 172
  • tent2.jpg
    tent2.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 156
In a perfect grow you'd keep humidity 40%-50% during the flowering stage & then you'd keep temps under 80 F (26 C ). Slightly cooler night temps (that stay within the specified range) tend to promote the fastest and healthiest vegetative growing for cannabis plants. You seem to be managing pretty close to the range. I used to experience condensation issues; which got resolved by installing a better exhaust fan.

BTW the plants look good :thumb:

In a perfect grow you'd keep humidity 40%-50% during the flowering stage & then you'd keep temps under 80 F (26 C ). Slightly cooler night temps (that stay within the specified range) tend to promote the fastest and healthiest vegetative growing for cannabis plants. You seem to be managing pretty close to the range. I used to experience condensation issues; which got resolved by installing a better exhaust fan.

BTW the plants look good :thumb:

But I'm still curious, I know I am staying within the ranges it's the part where I am keeping the tent warm during the night instead of slightly cooler that I'm worried about. I'm doing this to keep humidity down. My question was is this practice safe during flowering? Since you ARE supposed to have cooler temperatures when the plants sleep..

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the advice. They're coming along well so far. Hope to keep it up!

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom