Question About Trimming During Flower

Branch trimming is best done during veg. As far as doing it during flowering, well, it depends on the individual plant. Some don't react as well as others to it.

I have two right now that I trimmed during the first week of flowering. I am now in the middle of the third week. One of them is doing really well, and the other one is doing at best O.K.

huh.. well i guess on that noite ill just leave her.. maybe ill lst some of the larger branches to allow more light to the lower guys heres a pic for referances

Attachments

• 20190413_081737.jpg
    20190413_081737.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 66
Branch trimming is best done during veg. As far as doing it during flowering, well, it depends on the individual plant. Some don't react as well as others to it.

I have two right now that I trimmed during the first week of flowering. I am now in the middle of the third week. One of them is doing really well, and the other one is doing at best O.K.

i had done a lot of trimming during veg but about a week ago i had an explosion of growth, so i just wanted to make sure the lower buds wont pull focus from the bigger ones.

yeah my idea to lollipop kind of got screwed too. the plant kept putting out branches all to the end of stretch and i mossed a couple. im on week 4 flower now and am too scared to do any more defoliation than i did because i dont want to stress the plant.
i have to figure out a better method for next time

yeah my idea to lollipop kind of got screwed too. the plant kept putting out branches all to the end of stretch and i mossed a couple. im on week 4 flower now and am too scared to do any more defoliation than i did because i dont want to stress the plant.
i have to figure out a better method for next time

i just did it... i figured it will help more than hurt in the long run and i got to it while the buds are still very very small hjere is a updated pic
ive been following my gut instinct for the most part and she seem sto be very well so i figured i jkeeep the patern

Attachments

• 20190413_110724.jpg
    20190413_110724.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190413_110714.jpg
    20190413_110714.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 59
You did good, while the buds are still that small you really want to clear out all the lower growth that will never amount to much. That stuff down low only sucks energy and nutrients from the tops that will actually produce well. I go on picking the new growths out of the bottom all the way through flower. As I said, you want to make sure all the energy and nutrients are going to the nodes that get lots of light

You did good, while the buds are still that small you really want to clear out all the lower growth that will never amount to much. That stuff down low only sucks energy and nutrients from the tops that will actually produce well. I go on picking the new growths out of the bottom all the way through flower. As I said, you want to make sure all the energy and nutrients are going to the nodes that get lots of light

OK i thought what i was doing was sound i mean if you see from the pic she has plenty of leaves left just more nutes will go to the larger bud sites.

so you think i sgould go and lollipop now?

so you think i sgould go and lollipop now?
If you’re going to lollipop, do it on day 21 from the flip, or when the stretch stops. It definitely boosts yields if your light can’t penetrate all the way to the soil with good par. Don’t cut healthy leaves, just remove shoots and small leaves from down below. You’ve already thinned out the canopy enough.

Oh you’re on week 4 of flower? Just remove new shoots from down low, but don’t trim or prune any healthy leaves. You want all the leaves on the plant. Once they start yellowing and looking sad, pull them off with your fingers. If they don’t come loose with a good tug, give it a couple more days and try again.

Oh you’re on week 4 of flower? Just remove new shoots from down low, but don’t trim or prune any healthy leaves. You want all the leaves on the plant. Once they start yellowing and looking sad, pull them off with your fingers. If they don’t come loose with a good tug, give it a couple more days and try again.

Mm nice tip I went ahead and removed any small or new shoots and trimmed any leaves that appeared to be droopy and unhealthy

Back
Top Bottom