Question Concerning The Journals

Corinne420

Hey I’m new to the group and want to start a journal so I’ve been reading the tips and rules and regulations and such and got to the part about LED lights and not talking about company’s that aren’t official sponsors. So I had received an areogarden for Christmas and that’s what I’m starting my plant in (until it outgrows it) and I wanted to journal about my progress but areogarden is by miracle grow which isn’t a sponsor. So my question is am I still aloud to make a journal? Thank you so much in advance

I wanted to journal about my progress but areogarden is by miracle grow which isn’t a sponsor. So my question is am I still aloud to make a journal? Thank you so much in advance

They (through their Hawthorne Group shell company) has been buying everything else in the cannabis industry they can get their hands on for the past few years, maybe they'll buy an Internet forum next :rolleyes: .

They (through their Hawthorne Group shell company) has been buying everything else in the cannabis industry they can get their hands on for the past few years, maybe they'll buy an Internet forum next :rolleyes: .
:rofl:

The Hawthorne Group? Has an ominous ring to it, no?

Welcome to 420 Magazine!! Of course you can still make a journal. They just dont want you to put non-sponsored leds in the title or making a non-sponsored led the focal point of your journal.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you getting back to me.

I’ve never even heard of them. I’m definitely new to anything that has to do with growing. I’m assuming they’re a sister company or whatever to miracle grow.

Yeah. From a business standpoint, it made sense for Scotts Miracle-Gro to form a corporation with a different name to make certain business acquisitions (the * in the following list denotes the first business that was purchased through their Hawthorne Group). After all, when the average cannabis grower thinks of nutrients, Miracle-Gro is NOT the first brand that springs to mind. Here is a list of (most of) Scotts Miracle-Gro purchases:

• Hyponex
  • Grace-Sierra Horticultural Products Company (Yes, the S M-G monster has owned the Osmocote and Peters brands since 1993.)
  • Miracle Care Garden Ltd.
  • Levington Horticulture Ltd.
  • EarthGro, Inc.
  • (80% of) Sanford Scientific, Inc., a plant-breeding company
  • Rhône-Poulenc Jardin
  • the Shamrock brand of U.K. and Irish peat products
  • Ortho
  • Substral
  • Smith & Hawken
  • *General Hydroponics
  • Vermicrop Organics
  • Gavita Horticultural Lighting
  • American Agritech (aka Botanicare)
  • Can-Filters
  • Sunlight Supply Inc.

A lot of people (be they cannabis growers or not) won't knowingly give their money to the Scotts Miracle-Gro due to some of their business practices; knowingly selling bird seed that contained bird poison is one that's pretty well-known in certain circles... the fact that they've entered into collaborations/partnerships with Monsanto on multiple occasions probably isn't as well-known. My rant against Monsanto could probably cause this forum's message character limit routine to light up (regardless of how high that limit actually is).

BtW, in March 2018, the Hawthorne Gardening Company and The Flowr Corporation (a Canadian Licensed Producer of medical cannabis) announced an R&D partnership, building North America's first dedicated facility for cannabis research and development. I wonder how that's going over with Canadian folks who actually care about what's in their meds, lol.

Back
Top Bottom