Question for Canadians/ Marc Emmery

Thepurplem0nkey

This is a question aimed at the canuks who frequent this sight. How big of an issue is Marc Emmerys prosecution in your country? Is it just a backpage story that no one cares about, or has this become a major issue in your country?
-PM

Just FYI, as Newshawk here...I can assure you, I have scoured the U.S. newspapers in search of ANYTHING regarding the Emery bust but the U.S. has managed to keep mum about it...The only newsource I found making note about this here was the NY Times. All the other sources have been Canadian. The only way I found out about the raid was going to the CannabisCulture website. I believe the US citizens have a right to know about their government interfering in another country's sovereignty and law-making. The U.S. touts how it is creating freedom...but it is done by trampling upon another country's definition of "freedom." The U.S. shouldn't have the ability to define what freedom is for other countries, if we can't even define it for our own citizens. I don't want to create conspiracy theories here or anywhere, but what's wrong is wrong. If Emery is going to be punished, it should be done under Canadian law. This is merely my opinion.

The Freaktan :Rasta:

Thanks PM, because of your post, I now have a signature I can be proud of. Thanks for the idea!

Freaktan :Rasta:

I don't own a television so I don't know how the coverage has been there. The little local newspapers don't appear to be following much if at all. It's not like I've heard my peers stressing over the situation. Depending on the location, newspaper articles are fairly scarce. The Globe and Mail has coverage but the Vancouver Sun appears to have had minimal stories.

I personally don't think enough Canadians are aware of the infringement upon our independence. Those that are against marijuana don't see the bigger picture. If the US can bully their way into our laws for something as benign as pot seeds, what does this say about future Canadian security issues.

NO, I don't think there is enough concern overall. I'm sure the Sept. 10 protest in Vancouver will see a lot of supporters but it will be miniscule compared to what is necessary to make the rest of the population recognize that Marc Emery's case presents bigger implications. It's inconsistent.

Let's say, PM, that you came to BC to buy your blanche absinthe, since it is legal here. AS you go over the border they wish to confiscate it, or whatever, for being illegal. Are they going to come roaring in and arrest the liquor store that sold it to you? No, they'd punish you for purchasing it. Although I don't think seeds should be illegal, they are pursuing this completely wrong. I'm choked the US law was allowed to come in and barrel over our existing rights :eek:

As a Canadian that follows the news I can say that every now and then they'll give an update, but it's not all over the news paper and all over the 6 o'clock news. The Quebec Bloc Pot leader was convicted of possession yesterday, that was on the news, and they mentionned recent updates with Emery's case, but nothing more.

right now there is a documentary film on the situation in progress I'm being interviewed for my part on Monday or Tuesday regarding my interview with the globe and mail (our national paper) on the DEA scam letters. if you are interested in the documentary you can watch a bit of it on the link below.
Marc Emery documentary
Peace P420 :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom