Question for experts

theomen

I have ben growing for over 7 years with much success. I have grown many different strains and have never ran into a problem i cannot figure out.(until now). I have been with my recent strain for over 2 yrs and it has went through many changes all for the positive due to tweeking my nutes and dialing in what works best. I recently moved and ever since i have been having major problems with cloning the plant. I have the same temp, humidity, setup, light etc etc.... All the same variables. It just will not root nearly as easily or in the proper timeframe needed. Some never root, some take forever and even when they do it is nowhere near as full and proper as it was previously. I was beginning to wonder if the house has a gas leak or something (absurd i know but i have exhausted all other ideas) BUT i had a friend take a stem for the road and it rooted in 4 days at his place under the same conditions! WTF is wrong with this picture???????????????

The water at your new place might have bromide (a chlorine derivative in it.) Let all water you use stand for 24 hours before using?????

the water heater in your new place might have calcium buildup, salts throwing your ppm or ph off?????

I suggest you trial clone using the cheapest bottled water from walmart... costco... That way you will know if it is the water. Further it could be a gas issue only after you rule out the water and water heater. You could have water with an n-p-k that is way off so any adding of nutes puts one of your ranges x-x-x to x-X-x so you add bloom nutes and wham P or K is off the charts.

Well water or city water.

Have you run bleach through you cloner to clean it? algie can get into the aerosprayer and cause a type of growth on the stems that cuts away efficiency. plus algie takes the ph out of whack in about 5 hours in the aerosprayer.

Is the night temps dropping below 60F? nightime temps that low can slow the root from shooting out.

Fianlly are you adding old liquid ferts to the mix, old fert can cause problems. I once had some liquid molassis stuff i used for 4 years without problems then it killed an entire batch of tomatoes one summer, without warning, the ferts went bad so quick i was amazed. I had just moved and stored the ferts in a hot shed all summer, now i buy powder ferts only. lol

Check these out and then i have a few more ideas...

I was also thinking cloner-generational-genetic issues but your friend solved that issue fro us with his success.

Talk soon

I need expert help I have a friend with clones capping off when they are tricked into flowering the leaves look smaller at the top
And they just don't take they are veged for 5 days on ebb and flo tables and in 4 inch rockwool
They just don't do anything I reAlly need some help please
Sorry if I posted this wrong I am first timer to asking question s
Thanks and PlZ help

I need expert help I have a friend with clones capping off when they are tricked into flowering the leaves look smaller at the top
And they just don't take they are veged for 5 days on ebb and flo tables and in 4 inch rockwool
They just don't do anything I reAlly need some help please
Sorry if I posted this wrong I am first timer to asking question s
Thanks and PlZ help

Your plant has a zinc deficiency aka "little leaf". During most deficiencies there wont be any signs of new growth. I would tell your friend to not add nutes and just let regular good PH water run threw the hydro system.

It will take a week or 2 for the plants to shoe signs of recovery.

Also the mother plant you take these clones from if they are unhealthy it will be harder for colnes to root or even grow.

Plant shock by moving...

Some plants don't like being moved, can be very stressful for some plants moving to a new home !

Ya girlie may get over it in due time tho :thumb:

Check the PH of your new water, I just moved and found it at 8 :yikes: I had to PH down before I started clones.

Back
Top Bottom