Question: I have feminized autoflower seeds, if I pollinate what happens?

JoeCal42o

420 Member
Hi people, Quick question,
If I'm growing an auto-flowering, feminized, diesel seed and happen to pollinate it with let's sayyy... a regular Northern Lights male, What is the result?
Will the auto-flower produce seeds that are a cross between the two flavors? Would the seeds they produce be feminized too?

Hi people, Quick question,
If I'm growing an auto-flowering, feminized, diesel seed and happen to pollinate it with let's sayyy... a regular Northern Lights male, What is the result?
Will the auto-flower produce seeds that are a cross between the two flavors? Would the seeds they produce be feminized too?
The result would be some combination of their genetics, and would not be a feminized seed (s).

and what a " genetic crapshoot that is ....lol ".
I think I may be able to help you with that, I'll show you two plants, same parents.
Strain - Haze2.0 auto
Father - rogue Swazi pollen.
1. Is displaying haze genetics.

The next 2 pics is Swazi genetics coming through...

We collected 15 seeds out the mother and had 3 females out 8 or 9 seeds so far.

I hope that helps answer you question....:high-five:

and what a " genetic crapshoot that is ....lol ".
I think I may be able to help you with that, I'll show you two plants, same parents.
Strain - Haze2.0 auto
Father - rogue Swazi pollen.
1. Is displaying haze genetics.

The next 2 pics is Swazi genetics coming through...

We collected 15 seeds out the mother and had 3 females out 8 or 9 seeds so far.

I hope that helps answer you question....:high-five:
Not trying to hijack, maybe you can help both of us. Were any of those flowering automatically?

The result would be some combination of their genetics, and would not be a feminized seed (s).

@Ganjagrowergu, I'm still relatively new to growing and this is the first time it's happened to me. I would defer to @Bonsaiweed as he would be better to give a better explanation.

Not trying to hijack, maybe you can help both of us. Were any of those flowering automatically?

It's winter here at the moment and those were planted beginning of winter so sex would of showed within 2 weeks straight into flowering. We only get bout 9hrs of sunlight a day. Hope that helps.

I agree with bonsaiweed it won’t create auto seeds or fem seeds. It will b a cross of the two. And the strongest traits will carry over. To the reg seed. Now a few could b female but you won’t know till you grow them out. @Jackalope he’s the smart one on this subject. He’s so enlightened on the subject I can’t even reply to any of his posts. Lol

@Ganjagrowergu, I'm still relatively new to growing and this is the first time it's happened to me. I would defer to @Bonsaiweed as he would be better to give a better explanation.

It's winter here at the moment and those were planted beginning of winter so sex would of showed within 2 weeks straight into flowering. We only get bout 9hrs of sunlight a day. Hope that helps.

Lol, I forget about geography sometimes. We just started summer. Thank you.

I agree with bonsaiweed it won’t create auto seeds or fem seeds. It will b a cross of the two. And the strongest traits will carry over. To the reg seed. Now a few could b female but you won’t know till you grow them out. @Jackalope he’s the smart one on this subject. He’s so enlightened on the subject I can’t even reply to any of his posts. Lol

thank you kindly mr.Ice I'll have to pay Jackalope a visit, good evening to you ....:high-five:

I tagged him he will b here shortly any time you put the @ symbol before someone’s name. It notifies them that we are talking about or to him. Or anyone.

How did I get drug into this LMAO. Don't take this as fact, just my thoughts. With a cross between a Auto Diesel female with a regular Northern lights male. You will probable end up with a auto flower here and there but it won't be consistent. You will be watering down the auto genetics to much. Males are used to transfer wanted traits into a hybrid. No idea what that male will be like but Northern Lights carries good traits. Normally NL transfers early flowering, crystal, and weight. That is why it has been used for indoor growing for so long. Not sure what the smell and flavor would be like. Most likely a fair amount would lean towards the Deisel. As was mentioned it is all kind of a crap shoot. My idea is if you want to try it go for it. If you only pollinate a branch or two you can still have a harvest and get some seeds. I wouldn't expect those 2 strains to make crap.

OK, here is the down low on the feminizing a seed.

First, any seed can be a female. Some are statistically more likely to be females than others.

A standard run of the mill seed has about a 65% chance of being female.

A feminized seed has a 99% chance of being a female.

A feminized seed comes from pollen that has no Y chromosome, and therefore shouldn't be able to create a male seed (strange things do happen in nature....hence why it is not 100%).

Back
Top Bottom